Custom Bending Belt

AP

I promise this will be my last art and craft project for at least a little while :cool

I've been thinking of a way to make a cool bending belt for a while now. Don Larkin has several of his 80 penny bends made into belts on display in his gym, and today I finally put my own custom bending belt together.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=6323

I picked up a section of leather, they sell these lengths that you can use for you own custom buckle for like $12 at the department store. I debated between using one of my bent 80ds or using a 60 penny, I decided on the 60d because I wanted it to be small enough to really wear around and also the 80d didn't fit quite as well. The middle metal piece is made of a 30 penny nail that I cut and ground down, and the 60 penny I shined up and cut off the point with my angle grinder. I think it turned out pretty cool and its functional, I can really wear it and not just to grip gatherings (probably won't match a shirt and tie though). It didn't take any welding and I can slip the 60 penny out quickly if I need to show someone for one of those "how do you explain grip" moments. The picture doesn't show it that well but the nail really shined up well with just a little sandpaper.

Great idea! A nice conversation piece, for sure.

Love it Very cool!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

First time I saw this, I thought Oh, Cool. Today, HMMM COOL :rock:)