My Quest For Re Certification On Ironmind#3

1stCoC

I certified on the #3 a bit over 16 yeas ago and a lot of water has passed under this bridge. I have decided with all the developments in certification and equipment over the years I will try in this new day and age to "go by the rules again" and give it a shot. I am retaining my daily training log and posting it on our Sorinex site. I feel if a 57 year old with 7 7/8" hands can make it again it may serve as inspiration to some of the new guys to keep training and never give up. Make it or not its going to be an interesting trip!!!!!!RS

http://www.sorinexforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=72

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1stCoC

• Bill Piche

• twig

• Florian Kellersmann

I certified on the #3 a bit over 16 yeas ago and a lot of water has passed under this bridge. I have decided with all the developments in certification and equipment over the years I will try in this new day and age to "go by the rules again" and give it a shot. I am retaining my daily training log and posting it on our Sorinex site. I feel if a 57 year old with 7 7/8" hands can make it again it may serve as inspiration to some of the new guys to keep training and never give up. Make it or not its going to be an interesting trip!!!!!!RS

http://www.sorinexforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=72

You only forget to mention that you've been there before, and 7 7/8" hands is still 1 full inch bigger then mine! :D

Nevertheless it's going to be interesting to follow, good luck!

Good luck! This is the first I've heard of anyone who was certified under the old rules wanting to re-certify. Even if you aren't able to pull it off you'll get nothing but respect from the grip community for even attempting. :mosher Certainly motivates me since you've got 22 years on me and 3/8" smaller hands.

Edited by gumpster

I have no doubt you'll pull it off reasonably quick, and MAJOR RESPECT for trying to cert under the new rules!

Good luck with your training, Richard! I will follow your log.

good luck! even more respect for you, getting cert. under the new rules. a true gripmaster legend.

That is a very noble and great thing to be shooting for all my best Richard!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Congrats! I would like to see a video and the use of a credit card. Of course I believe Richard that he has done it, but these pics doesn't show how the gripper was closed.

Edited by Florian Kellersmann

Thanks guys! Those last pics were training pics not anything official. They were wider than credit card set and done without a warmup on a brand new #3 out of the package. This "New" gripper Dr. Strossden said WILL be the kind I will be tested on. In reply to why to go full circle and re-certify..its for me not for others edification......a new goal at this age IS hard to come by. As so well phrased by my Ex- Marine training partner when asked"Why would you ever want to go back to Paris Island?" He shrugged his shoulders and said "because its there"....I think I know what he meant. RS