Heath closing a 3 for 15 reps

Bill Piche

http://www.grippage.com

Don't blink, cause he knocked these out so fast your head will spin.  He pumps them out so fast the only way to clearly see the touches is using slo-mo!

Thanks to 3Crusher for sending me the video!

OK please please please do NOT kill me... but would those reps count if the gripper does not fully re-open after each rep? :blush

Of course, without a doubt , this is fantastic, but  I was curious. :(

No, they don't count. In fact, it's so easy send me a clip of you doing it with a #3. In fact, I challenge ANYONE in the world or on this board to send in a video EQUALING what Heath did.

Any takers?

OK please please please do NOT kill me...

Hey nads or turds or whatever your name is.  Anytime you have to preface a post the way you did, you ought to think twice about posting it.  There are about 70 people in the world who have closed a #3 gripper (certified).  The number of people on that list who can close one anytime they choose is MUCH smaller.  

The number of people who can do 15 #3 reps, full or partial is probably 1....Heath (prove me wrong people).  

The number of people who can do 15 #3 reps after closing assorted #3's about two dozen times, and getting a #4 to about 1/8", and mashing a Silvercrush #3 3 or 4 times and getting the Phantom 621 gripper to 1/16" a few times, and laughing the whole time is definitely 1......Heath.

You have taken a very fun clip from someone's PERSONAL video tape (that by the way needed to be pried away from the owner) not any form of competition tape and criticized it. That sucks.

How about a new rule Bill, if you want to post crap like this you can't remain anonymous.

I agree. In fact, that's the reason I asked where he was posting from. Looks like from Taiwan of all places. Looks to me he's hiding behind a proxy.

And, if he only knew what it took to get this clip.  A big misunderstanding among friends took place, so posting it is an even bigger deal to me personally.

Good job Heath!

Doing reps with a #3 must be a very difficult feat of gripstrength. But I guess there are some people in this world that can do that...IMPRESSIVE!

It looks like you guys got some kind of history with this Nards guy.  Quite honestly, however, I have the same question.  From your replies, it seems that one does NOT have to fully reopen the gripper between reps for reps to count.  Is this true?

I'm asking because I want to learn; not to be a smartass.  Those lesser experienced here might have the same question, but are afraid to ask because of your replies.

Before you even ask:

No, I cannot close the #3 for even one rep.  I've closed the #2 for 5 reps and the BBM for a single.

Yes, I think Heath's feat is awesome.  No doubt about it.

No, I had no clue how tough it was for you to get this video clip; and yes, I appreciate you posting it.

I'll even sign my post so you know it's legit,

Greg Theologes

Guest Mikael Siversson

If you have small hands and fully re-open a hard gripper it is going to be difficult to get any more reps. Basically, there are no rules regarding how much one must open a gripper to get a "legitimate" second rep. Repping a gripper can be fun but what matters is if one can close a gripper or not. From the video clip it looks like Heath is playing with the gripper. I can do that too. The only difference is that I would be using a #2.

Thanks for the reply, Mikael.  A big reason why I haven't been able to rep the BBM is that it's very wide and slides out of my hand (even with chalk) when opening after the first rep.  I'm sure I could get a second rep if I didn't fully reopen.

I understand your point regarding no rules for a 2nd rep.  Just curious as to the general feeling of the experienced grip people regarding repping a gripper.

Again, thanks,

Greg

I saw it as Heath "setting" his gripper before the initial close and then going at it. It looks like he is releasing back to the "Set" position in order to be able to rapid fire the gripper close and therefore giving it it's dynamic theatrical effects!!! (good show)

Sure, He could release to full open, but that would necessitate re-setting the gripper for each rep. Re-setting for 15 reps would be just as awesome of a feat as the rapid fire, but only half as entertaing.

Am I off base on the setting of a gripper?

Just my take on it :)

I do not know if Nards' question was innocent or connived, nor does it matter. It is a legitimate question if coming from

someone who is not aware of the protocol.

Those of us who know Heath's strength levels regarding

crushing should take such questions in stride- I mean Heath

is the only one signing the guest list at his level, after all.

There are other strength figures whose feats cannot be

verified, so it is a joyful situation to have someone like

Heath, who as terminator explained, basically ran an evening

long crush seminar- not with a trainer- but with the high end

difficulty nutcrackers.

If Nards' question was ill-aimed, then he has learned how many

defenders Heath has here; if his question was not ill aimed (he

did after all acknowledge the feat, just questioned some

guidelines) he may well wonder why the waterfall of anger

came tumbling forward at him.

When I studied Anderson's lifts I was attacked in anger by

his defenders who questioned my 'motives'. Hang motives.

What are the facts? The facts here are that Heath is perhaps

the best at crushing, and he can prove it.

Angry reactions, I have learned, are not evidence.

The facts here are that Heath is perhaps

the best at crushing, and he can prove it.

Angry reactions, I have learned, are not evidence.

Better than Kinney ?  Or do you mean best on this board ?

Robert

I think Nards (not turds or nads, masturbater or whatever your name is) was just asking a simple question, he didn't say that Heath is a stupid idiot because he didn't seem to let the handles open all the way & that he sucks. He even said not to kill him, so obviously he was expecting everyone to tell him to do 15 reps the 'right' way & he probably can't. The clip also made me wonder what a rep was since I thought that a rep meant the handles had to open up all the way. Of course I respect Heath for what he can do since he's already been where I want to go, but it still made me wonder... Sorry to the Heath fan club that I'm not bowing down in reverent awe, but he just can't match up with JS Bach, David Hilbert, Evariste Galois, or Doug Hepburn. I wonder how Nathan Holle would do if he went for reps on the #3 if he can close it like it's a #1? I wonder how any of the others who are close to the #4 would do if they went for max reps on a #3, or guys who don't even post on the GripBoard? Maybe if the whole grip and grip-related world was contained on one forum someone could decide once & for all who the best is.

How many have witnessed Heath? How many witnessed

Kinney?

Frankly, I do not know who is/was stronger before Joe's

health declined. Certainly, Heath is currently strongest at

crushing (so far as I know).

When I sent my #4 to Heath HOPING it would be easier

enough than his #4, so that he could go ahead and shut it

and become the second man to do so, then he told me that

my #4 was 'two tons' harder than his, frankly, I wondered

how Joe's #4 fit into the scheme of things. What if it was

easier than Heath's? Or harder than mine? We'll never know.

I know Heath is a private man, but Heath, I want to tell you

outright, thank you, for demonstrating your strength in public

among your peers who understand what you are doing, and

thus putting on the record what terminator described above.

How much easier to accept than if you had just written in here

to say you did all those things in private, alone. Now we're back to witnesses...

Why was there some reactions to the immediate response? Because that type of response seems to happen more often than not when someone doesn't toot their own horn around here.  And, wonder of all wonders, we get people posting here who hardly post in this thread. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. I didn't do an IP run until after.  

Taiwan.  Yeah, I am sure he's not a troll and just working there.  

;)

Some of those other people came because there was a "why is this dude getting flamed?" post on another board.

My theory is still; that in order to rapid fire a gripper like Heath did, you can not let it go past the initial set position. which means in my view, not open all the way.

I don't believe Nards understood this. But again my theory could be all hooey as well.

My theory is still; that in order to rapid fire a gripper like Heath did, you can not let it go past the initial set position. which means in my view, not open all the way.

I don't believe Nards understood this. But again my theory could be all hooey as well.

I don't think most people get that this person could be a total fake and their sole reason for posting was to discredit the achievement and start trouble.

That's true, but what does anyone have to back that up? Why think that at all? I almost asked the same thing he did when I saw the clip & I would just be trying to start trouble. I sent the link to a guy from work & I pretty mmuch said the same thing Nards did.

Guest Canthar

If anything apologize to Heath for all the attention. His strength is phenomenal and most of us would like to witness it again and see it even stronger but, as it was mentioned he's a private person. Let's keep him in mind and not let things get to out of control.

Nic