Bends For Brendan

vikingsrule92

Brendan was nice enought to send me some of his mutant 60d nails which he says cal around 450 lbs at 6 in, or a little easier than a G8. So I figured I would tape my bends on them and post them here for him and everyone to see. My dad and I also had a few certs that I wanted to post here as well. In addition to this I had my first attempt at braced bending and horseshoe bending and I would appreciate any criticism or critiquing (sp?) from you experts on those topics here.

9-6-07

Me bending a 6" Stainless Square:

Me bending a 6" Mutant 60d:

Me bending a 5" Mutant 60d:

Today:

Me bending a 3/8" x 12" Spike (non-FBBC):

Me attempting (and failing) to bend a St. Croix Size 0 Ultralite Horseshoe:

My Dad bending a 6" Mutant 60d:

My Dad bending a 6" G8:

In this workout I also warped a 12" FBBC spike (damn those things are tough) and got a 5.5" Stainless Square to 2.5"

I appreciate any help and comments.

Edited by vikingsrule92

Thank you for taping those bends guys it was fun to watch them.Derek Great Job on the Mutants they did'nt stand a chance

and great job on the 12" spike too also the 6" SS Square.The 450 lbs on the mutants is a estimate just on the fact that they are so hard to kink.Wes Great job on the Mutant and the G8.Again guys thanks for tapingit was great to watch and I am glad you enjoyed them!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

great bends you guy's,great stuff. :rock :rock

Good job!

Thanks everyone! I guess we're the second best father son bending team ... out of two. No preoblem Brendan it was the least i could do after you sending them to me. Yeah those things were definitely beastly on the kink, the 5" was nasty. Haha anyway thanks and acorn just posted my vids from the workout with him so I thought I'd post them here.

1/4" x 6" Square:

40 lb blob lift:

Edited by vikingsrule92

Great Job on both of those Derek you got the Square no problem this time and the 40lb blob lift looked great too effortless for you.Great stuff keep on going!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Great bends by both of you! :mosher

How much harder would you say the stainless square is compared to the regular stuff?

Thanks. The kink is MUCH softer then regular square on this stuff. However, at around 90* that stuff really ramps up and is a lot tougher than regular square and the crushdown is pretty monstrous on that short stainless square. It's not exactly pleasant on regular square, but better than stainless. Overall, I'd say it depends on your strength, if you have a weak kink but strong crush this stuff will be easy for you, but if you have a weak crush be prepared to fail at around 2.5".

Great bends by both of you! :mosher How much harder would you say the stainless square is compared to the regular stuff?
Thanks. The kink is MUCH softer then regular square on this stuff. However, at around 90* that stuff really ramps up and is a lot tougher than regular square and the crushdown is pretty monstrous on that short stainless square. It's not exactly pleasant on regular square, but better than stainless. Overall, I'd say it depends on your strength, if you have a weak kink but strong crush this stuff will be easy for you, but if you have a weak crush be prepared to fail at around 2.5".
I'm kinda surprised the kink is easier but I can't even imagine how the crushdown must feel on that. Thanks for the info! :D
Great bends by both of you! :mosher How much harder would you say the stainless square is compared to the regular stuff?
I'm kinda surprised the kink is easier but I can't even imagine how the crushdown must feel on that. Thanks for the info! :DNo idea what just happened there. I shouldn't be allowed to use a computer. :DNo idea what happened there. I shouldn't be allowed to use a computer. :D

Hahaha no you shouldn't, how did you manage to do that? :tongue I don't know why you would be surprised, a lot of stainless is softer on the kink than regular. For instance the 5/16" Square is 705 while the 5/16" Stainles square is something like 590 or 560, but that's a bit of an extreme example.

Hahaha no you shouldn't, how did you manage to do that? :tongue I don't know why you would be surprised, a lot of stainless is softer on the kink than regular. For instance the 5/16" Square is 705 while the 5/16" Stainles square is something like 590 or 560, but that's a bit of an extreme example.

Did I mention that I suck at math too? :D