Training everyday

Mjoynt

I read that a lot of you train the grippers 4 or more times a week.  I'm just wondering what type of set and rep protocol you guys use.  I'm currently training them but once a week and making tremendous progress.  I'm open to all ideas and I was just curious how you progressed.  Do you add reps everyday?  Week?  Just curious.  Thanks for any replies!

Guest archaicmaelstrom

I just have some crappy sports store grippers and I can use them for about one billion reps practically everyday.

Yes, this is pathetic training. Yes, the grippers suck.

Yes, I ordered an ironmind catalogue.

Hello!

Do you mean that you should try to close a gripper you cant close and hold it as long as possible when cant close it any further?

I have tried to make progress on my grippers but havent really found what works for me so far. I get much better results by training with my Rolling Thunder. There the results come direct from workout to workout.

I have tried to make progress on my grippers but havent really found what works for me so far. I get much better results by training with my Rolling Thunder. There the results come direct from workout to workout.

I wish I had your "problem"! That is great if you can put weight on the RT every session. I would just roll (slight pun intended) with that for the time being if it were me. I have to fight tooth and nail to add anything on a thick handle.

I do lots of singles and really battle the weight with the RT. The weight usually dont come up in the first max attempt but later on :). I do singles and increase the weight with 0.25 kg plates. Since I just started to work on my RT I have been able to add 1 kg from workout to workout.