Grade 8 - New Pr

CoC#3

bent tht G8 today. It was pretty hard on the kink and had that springy feel to it. IM wraps and DO as usual. What is the best stock to get to progress to the g8 to the red? Should i get some 5/16'' HRS or what about some 3/8'' threaded stock? What do you guys think? I should have a pic uploaded in a bit.

bent tht G8 today. It was pretty hard on the kink and had that springy feel to it. IM wraps and DO as usual. What is the best stock to get to progress to the g8 to the red? Should i get some 5/16'' HRS or what about some 3/8'' threaded stock? What do you guys think? I should have a pic uploaded in a bit.

Congrats Sam! 5/16 HRS, FBBC 1/4 Sq, 5/16 CRS all are good ones. 7" stuff so that you can get you shoulder flexibility up as that will be the biggest challenge with the red since you have mostly been bending 6" or shorter pieces.

- Aaron

Great Job Sam!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher G8 is a springy one!!!

Brendan

If you can bend 5.5 G8 then you have the power for the Red for sure. But be sure to do what Aaron said. Train on longer stuff like 1/4*7" sq to get the feel for the Red.

Nice bending Sam! :mosher

You've gotta be looking at generic 5/16CRS now! Just have a phone around or see local steel stockists for some deals!

I got some nice CRS which Brendan rates just under a Bastard.

If you can bend 5.5 G8 then you have the power for the Red for sure. But be sure to do what Aaron said. Train on longer stuff like 1/4*7" sq to get the feel for the Red.

I'd like to formally disagree with this since I'm no where near a Red.

I also agree you need to work on longer stuff. I'll send you some 5/16" HRS Sam and you can see how it works for you. Sorry it's been so long I've been really caught up with school.

Congrats Sam!!! That's a very tough bend

Edited by vikingsrule92

I was talking through personal experience. For me, bending the 5.5" G8 is harder than the Red. Maybe your Red is harder than mine? Maybe I am better at 7" long?

Thanks to everyone. I have been pleased with my bending improvements. 3 weeks ago i was having trouble with a yellow. I am going to cut a few reds down for tonight's session, and see how it goes. I'll be surprised if i move it but it's iso work at the very least. I know my flexibility still isn't there for a 7'' one.

I was talking through personal experience. For me, bending the 5.5" G8 is harder than the Red. Maybe your Red is harder than mine? Maybe I am better at 7" long?

Do you have the new or old reds? The new ones are around 460 while the olds are about 420. And it also could be that I just suck at long stuff because I really do.

I got my reds in september (or october, can't remember) of 2006. So it's one year old.

I got my reds in september (or october, can't remember) of 2006. So it's one year old.

Yup I'm pretty sure those are the easy ones. And I have done stuff in that area so I guess you're right as far as the 5.5" G8 comment goes. However, I think Sam ordered his recently so he has the 460s. Saying this, I don't think a 5.5" G8 would be enough to get a new Red.

great job on the g8 sam. :rock