Losing Weight For Competion

InFest

Hi guys,

I need to lose 9 lbs by saturday morning, if I want to compete in the 165-198 class. I have never done that before, and was wondering if it would be better to try to cut, or bite the bullet and be in the 200+ class?

Also, to add to the problem, I am weighing in the same day I pull, only 3 hours inbetween time.

I am some what confident in my strength, if I don't dehydrate myself, but I am just not sure.

Thanks guys!

If you're new to competing and making weight - I would probably just not worry about the weight class and be sure I was well hydrated and as strong as I could be. Dehydration does not only make you weak but also makes injury somewhat more likely. Now there are certainly ways to lose that much weight in the time period you have and then rehydrate but getting it wrong is somewhat risky for the unexperienced. A lot of the stories you read about on weight loss are for weigh ins one or even two days ahead of the competition. Olympic weightlifters usually have two hour weigh ins so checking out posts on the Oly forums might yield some usable information. Also wrestling forums as those guys are always making weight. I just don't think losing 10% of ones weight is a good idea - but what do I know?

Thanks for the advice climber. I think I am just going to load up on carbs and do my best.

Yeah, the pac worlds, amateur class. What do you mean by stacked? Sorry, I have one been to one other competition.

the pro classes at 198 and also the heavies will have many top pullers.I only wish i could go even if only to watch.If i was you i would stick around after the pro and pull some of them to gain experience

Similar problems here for a competition tomorrow (220 class). Good luck and strong pulling, InFest :rock

how did either of you end up doing? What happened to Cobra because i hear he didnt do that great?

I didn't have a tough stacked class, but I'm happy that I won my first pro tournament. You can read about the over the top germany at www.worldofarmwrestling.com.

In the 90kg class there were a WAR between Andre Riske and the swedish legend Andreas Rundström, that Andre won. This was the most exciting ARM-FIGHT I ever saw! I think you will see this fight on Youtoube soon...

Congratulation to your first Place in the Tournament,Buddy. :bow:bow:bow:rock:rock:rock

Thanks, Erik! Where were you? :D

Florian congrats your winner Over the Top 2007 Men right -100 kg

Edited by pawel r

Florian congrats your winner Over the Top 2007 Men right -100 kg

Thanks, Pavel. We missed the polish armwrestling team.