Does This Seem Odd?

Mitch1963

I have closed the #2 a couple of times but I am not consistent yet. Last night I either did close it or was very close. I then pick up my 2.5 and I can get it to within 1/4"!! It seems to me that if I can get the 2.5 that close then I should be crushing the #2. It seems my sweep is strong but I lack the strength right at the end of the movement. What do you guys think? Is this normal?

thanks, Mitch

I am in the exact same situation as you. I can close the #2 pretty regularly, but I can't rep it yet. However, I can come to about 1/4 inch on the 2.5 as well. Maybe we have weak 2.5s.

Yes, that is quite normal. Especially new people with grippers have that problem.

Usually people have stronger sweep than final crush. But still some of us have great crush in the end but poor sweep is problem.

I think training will help on your case. ;) If you want, you can try choker work and focus only that final motion of gripper.

Edited by Koura

Yes, that is quite normal. Especially new people with grippers have that problem.

Usually people have stronger sweep than final crush. But still some of us have great crush in the end but poor sweep is problem.

I think training will help on your case. ;) If you want, you can try choker work and focus only that final motion of gripper.

I think along those lines too.

Vaquero, I would rather like to think we have hard #2's!

You could try adding more fibre to your diet! ;):laugh

I don't know about fiber but I sure could use a little more lead in my pencil. :rolleyes

I know that my #2 is a bit harder than my friends'. I was able to crush his straight out of the package before I was finally able to close mine.

I have closed the #2 a couple of times but I am not consistent yet. Last night I either did close it or was very close. I then pick up my 2.5 and I can get it to within 1/4"!! It seems to me that if I can get the 2.5 that close then I should be crushing the #2. It seems my sweep is strong but I lack the strength right at the end of the movement. What do you guys think? Is this normal?

thanks, Mitch

I would say this is normal. 1/4" left on the #2.5 could still represent a fair amount of training to close that gap. You might not be that close. For example, when I was working on closing my BBSM, I was stuck with the last 1/8" for about 6-7 months of pretty intense training.

thanks, Mitch

I would say this is normal. 1/4" left on the #2.5 could still represent a fair amount of training to close that gap. You might not be that close. For example, when I was working on closing my BBSM, I was stuck with the last 1/8" for about 6-7 months of pretty intense training.

I'd go with this, 1/4" may not seem like much in distance but the extra lbs it takes to close this gap are what makes it a #2.5. It could take a while to get that last #.5! I've been stuck on the last few mm on the #3 for ages but am still not able to close it.

You could try adding more fibre to your diet! ;):laugh

:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:calm

Woo, had a good laugh at that one!

• 3 weeks later...

Awsome!! Congratulations. I am still struggling with consistency on my #2. I ordered and received another #2 and #1.5. I can't tell any difference in them from my current ones. I filed the 1.5 to help train for the #2 and will file a #2 to train for the #2.5. One another note I TNS my #1.5 last Friday. Again, congrats on that big achievement.

I to am struggling with that last 1/4".I do believe strap or coin holds with the 2 or 1.5 will be the key to strengthen the closed grip area, has anyone had luck with this?I also think extensor training makes a huge difference.

i got the same problem with the final crush. i think it´s the force in the ring and in the pinky finger that has to grow(every of my fingers is of cours too weak). i can close a #2 when i´ve a good day but i can bring a rb 210pound gripper to about 3mm.the handles of the RB210 are a lot more comfortable. but don´t give me a RB 240 pound, then it stays open at 15-20mm. can i compare the RB 240 pounds with the poundage on the regular C-o-C grippers or are there other differences than the poundages?

Edited by nightowl27

You can't compare the numbers directly between different brands. Also with the RB-grippers, 240's can be harder than 260's.

Ok , thanks for your reply.

think i have to get a C-o-C 2.5 to look how far i´m there. perhaps anyone can tell me which setting on the ivanko gripper would be the same difficulty?

just read on youtube a message from gripperpete to ewokhugo that he has to oil the spring because it´s too rusty

mine was too and now i put a drop of olive oil on it. now i can close the #2 without problems anytime. it´s a lot easier now.

i took it one time on vacation to spain and after this, it squeaked all the time but i didn´t gave it a thought. just ordered no2.5!