Chris james playing with an inch replica

Bill Piche

Those are some excellent pics of a replica being lifted way off the ground. No thumbless grip or holding against the body being used here. Is that a replica that has been shipped from the USA , or is it one of David Hornes ?

Guest NathanHolle

that's absolute amazing.

Chris was the last person to press the actual original overhead. now cleaning that exact replica to shoulder in flip flops!! that must be the greatest grip on earth bar none Chris, see you soon

craig

Chris,

Are the photos out of sequence, or did you pull it off the

ground more than once before cleaning it?

From the photos, it appears there was very little dip,correct?

And following the clean, did you lower it under control,

as it appears?

The date of these lifts, and your bodyweight?

Thanks.

Hello Chris, very impressive pictures of you toying with an Inch replica. Do you have any pictures of the 80 lb 4" block weight clean and press you mentioned? I would love to see those as well, as would others here I am sure.

BTW, pretty scenery in the background of the pics. I thought it was always raining in the UK? :)

Hello Mr Roark,

Nice to meet you (so to speak),i had to lift the dumbbell about 10 times all together to varying heights because of the slow aperature on the digital camera used. I lowered the clean using 2 hands aswell as the high pulls , the deadlifts using one hand . If i damage the floor my wife would put the dumbbell over my head !!  ???  ???

The lifts were done yesterday 16 august 2002 ,thats why i am now typing this with my nose !! ouch !!

Thy thodyweight, sorry my bodyweight is 245 lbs and im about 6 feet 1 in .

thanks , Chris James

Thanks Chris, I look forward to seeing them. 6'1", 245? That makes it all the more amazing, since that is only an average size on here. You must be extremely high-speed-low-drag to do the things you do at such a (relatively) light weight. Very impressive.

Chris (please call me Joe)

Your clean of the Inch bell is the best yet when

percentage of bodyweight is factored.

70% of 245 is 171.5 lbs; in order for you to have

matched Mark Henry's clean at his approx 400 lbs,

would have required you to clean only 105 lbs on an

Inch. In order for Mark to match your percentage in

the clean will require him to shoulder 280 lbs.

Of course, Mark went on to put the bell overhead,

something you are no doubt on course to do.

If those ten reps you mentioned in the deadlift and high

pull were all done on one day, that in itself must be a

record!

Congrats!

Chris James and the Holle brothers are spearheading the Welsh invasion of the grip world. Maybe next year they will invade Staffordshire in England and conquer David Horne's backyard. I myself am trying to locate bottles of water from Wales.

Guest Mikael Siversson

Yes,

Let's hope some, if not all, of you Welsh guys show up next year at David's comp. What a competition that would be. Overcrushed #4's and Inch replicas flying high.

Guest 115-1005574997

Hia Chris

whos the thick bar Daddy??? :)

well done mate, impressive lifts and that clean (it was a 1 handed clean to shoulder height wasnt it?) is absolutly great

!!!

You'll be snatching the beast one day :)

Was that your bodyweight when you did it? I know that Chris has been a #### of a lot heavier than 245 pounds (blimey I weigh 246). I think CJ has been up to 280 give or take.

Scott: how fickle. Just last week I was the Thick bar daddy now I am relegated to thick bar nephew...

Guest 115-1005574997

Steve

competition is cruel and prowess fleeting “power is but as fleeting as an autumn mist….”

Wrestle your crown back and be undisputed daddy of thick bars :)

any more news on the lifting/record breaking feast at Pullum's opening ???

it will be good to see your efforts/records deservedly recognised!!

I'm waiting on Wally's decision having spoken to Steve early Friday. He seemed to like it.