Injured Arms On Arcade Machines In Japan

Florian Kellersmann

@ armwrestling machine: Good job! :laugh

Doesn't look like much of a fun game anyway if you're supposed to be able to beat it easily.

Edited to add that I have always been a lousy armwrestler and I'm routinely beaten by "weaker" people. If anyone could manage to break an arm on that machine it would be me.

Edited by The Writer

"The machine isn't that strong, much less so than a muscular man. Even women should be able to beat it," said Atlus spokeswoman Ayano Sakiyama, calling the recall "a precaution."

LOL - talk about adding insult to injury! :laugh

There was a machine similar to that in the arcade in seekonk MA it was a blast.The Most fun part about it was if you beat the top robot you got to go on to the bonus level wich was a tourque mearsurment.I belive I came up with 156lbs of torque.

it was fun but those must have been some weak arms to be broken by it.

Brendan

There was a machine similar to that in the arcade in seekonk MA it was a blast.The Most fun part about it was if you beat the top robot you got to go on to the bonus level wich was a tourque mearsurment.I belive I came up with 156lbs of torque.

Brendan

I've played something like this before also, with a torque thing at the end as well. It was probably 8-10 years ago though, so I have no idea what torque I had (probably weak though :rolleyes ). They are alot of fun though... assuming you like arm wrestling to begin with, otherwise spend your $$ on another game!! :tongue

Brendan

Ha! I think I know which arcade you're talking about...on Rt. 44 by the racetrack, right? I've been there a bunch of times, but I can't say I remember the armwrestling thing.

I bet that the people who injured themselves on this machine could have easily placed themselves in an "unsafe" position causing the damage.

as you can see in my thumb pic this was an old machine they had down ocean city i use to beat it all the time when i was younger i had it smoking one time but it was good fun id like to find one to buy but now days there $$$$$$ so that won't happen unless i win the lottery for a couple million then ill fly all you guys in for just a fun time and some personal bests :tongue

Brendan

Ha! I think I know which arcade you're talking about...on Rt. 44 by the racetrack, right? I've been there a bunch of times, but I can't say I remember the armwrestling thing.

Thats the one!Seekonk Grand Prix!

Brendan

Brendan

Thats the one!Seekonk Grand Prix!

Brendan

That was a cool machine, the one I've used was in Pittsburgh, and the robot would say "no way" in a very robotic tone as you beat him. I only managed 145 lbs of torque, 156 is awesome, that had to be in the top two scores.

Doesn't take muck to break your arm in a bad position.

Doesn't take muck to break your arm in a bad position.

As you can see from the picture the elbow pad is in a bad position...

if you pull on a tournament table one of the first rule for prevent injuries

is to cover your arm with your chest so you have the pectoral is to the max

and the rear deltoid/tricep/dorsal totally blocked.

I've tried that machine years ago and i've felt a bad feeling pulling against it.

I had a tricep injury before and trying it was very painful for the position of the

pad in such lateral position.

To this if you add that those machines are opened to ALL people (from kids to

armwrestling champ) some injuries is guaranteed.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong