What was the most impressive lift?

Guest scott essery

32 members have voted

1. 1. What was the most impressive lift?

• 243k one handed vbar
    • 302.5k Table Top Wrist Curl
    • 43 sec closure of an Inverted #2
    • 115k 2 Handed Pinch Lift
    • 80k Hammer Curl
    • 83k 3.5" deadlift

Guest 115-1005574997

which of the lifts impressed you the most?  which would you most wish to emulate?  which do you think are the most outstanding per say? which are streets ahead of anyone beating?

I think SG’s dumbbell lift reinforced that fact that he is the thick bar champion of the World.  To be honest the 83kg looked easy and he could have done more.  For those that don’t know Steve jumped straight to 93kg and even that was off the floor by a good 10 inches. Considering 78kg is good on a plate loading inch replica handle, 83kg on such a monstrous handle is a true demonstration of power – nothing but a peanut for Steve ‘thick bar’ Gardner!:)  Now to lift the Millennium champ!

Guest 115-1005574997

good point Jim

Steve, hows the MDB training going?  I recon you should get one of the Iron Grip Dbells for your collection and use it as a training tool.

Your 83k lift lookd good and i recon with a bit of training 100k wouldnt be unrealistic.

whos the dady

Hmm, as good as the thick bar was there wasn't a 100% jump required by the next best three. Ie: I did 83, others did 68. If you look at my (ok) Vbar 120.5 kilos and then Jim's 243 kilos or my TTWC (not bad at all) 140 kilos and then David's massive lift.

What I mean is I feel with training that in some exercises, mine included, the right training could show the gap being closed but even if I get to a 200 kilo vbar or a 200 kilo TTWC I'd still have a way to go. My own vote (TTWC) and the poll show this.

Scott, I've considered your offer and will happily add the bell to my collection will you deliver ;)

PS: I am still sorting out a possible US point of sale for the MDB with Atomic Athletic

Unofficially(next day)

big Kalles 500lbs rock lift.

Jims lift of the blob on sight

Big steves almost 93 kilos on a 3.5 inch d/bell.

Michael dalys,supperb effort with the 140kilos beer barrell and

500lbs stone.

All the items that Scott mentions,in this post,are absolutely

superb in there own right,and i am glad that i had the privalidge to be there.

As good as all the above are, i am going to nominate,young

Oliverand Jason Horne,for haveing the B###s to party with the grown ups,and also Elizabeth for takeing on the lads,and beating a lot of us in the process,me included.

Guest 115-1005574997

i could have added another 6 threads Gazz and im pleased you pointed them out.  all fantstic in there own rights and all deserve recognition.

but you did very well for your first big comp mate and considering the injurys! :)

So whats this about teh Gazz bell  :D

bringing it along to Steves records dat at pullum sports?

Scott

about the gazza bell,no probs mate,time and place itL,be there.Starting to feel a freindly comp,comeing on again.

Only if Pullums give us the nod. I will 'sell it' to them with the idea that quite a few bods will want to come and if so are more than likely to buy some kind of Ironmind goodies.

I'd suggest its more of a display than a records day although with Steve at Pullums as 'overseerer', as it were, Randall is more likely to accept certain good lifts as official.

Could be a good time for those here in the UK to get their efforts on the three accepted.

Guest firstmark

Does anyone know what the guy that did that wrist curl can biceps curl? I am curious as to the strength differential that can be achived between wrist curls and regular curls.

Don't forget that TTWC's are a totally different kettle of fish to full range wrist curls. I offer my own example - normal range 154, TTWC 308 standing ez curls (looseish form) 160 max.

Steve,

I have never tried a TTWC. Earlier this week I managed

a rep over the knees with 230. So I should be able to

exceed 300 right now on the TTWC if I had the table set-up?

Easily. Ask any of the Iron Grip boys. You may well get 350+. See if you can get someone to help you. I did an easy 200 lbs last night by putting the bar onto the pins in my rack, egtting my hands in position, lifting the weight with my knees and then doimng what amounts to a partial curl (check the gallery for photo).

Earlier this week I managed

a rep over the knees with 230. So I should be able to

exceed 300 right now on the TTWC if I had the table set-up?

Without a doubt yes. In case you'd like to see for yourself.

The set up i used to train the TTWC was to line up two benches forming a T shape. Rest your wrists at the head of the T and get a training partner to hand you a heavy bar to curl. This will provide you with the surface support similar to a TTWC. This way you (near enough) imitate the set up.

Hope thats clear.