Hub Lifting Form

pdfk20

Hello all,

I am relatively new to the hub lifting world having done my first session of it last night. In my technique I pick up the IM hub in the exact same way that i wouls pick up the hub of a plate, with my fingertips making contact with the base. The only thing that is different is that my pinky and index finger slighty slip round the hub. Would the technique im using be considered as the claw technique? If so what would you have to do to do the finger tips technique?

Finally how would you use the Vbar form on a hub, it doesn't seem possible to me.

Cheers,

Pete

Hello all,

I am relatively new to the hub lifting world having done my first session of it last night. In my technique I pick up the IM hub in the exact same way that i wouls pick up the hub of a plate, with my fingertips making contact with the base. The only thing that is different is that my pinky and index finger slighty slip round the hub. Would the technique im using be considered as the claw technique? If so what would you have to do to do the finger tips technique?

Finally how would you use the Vbar form on a hub, it doesn't seem possible to me.

Cheers,

Pete

sounds like the claw to me pete when you use a plate your fingers cling to the ribs of the plat maybe 4 ribs or some have 3 with the ironmind hub your finger looks for the rib as for the claw grip its like holding a soda can and turning your hand over or just doing a vbar lift with a bigger bar just dont let your fingers go over the washer at the bottom good luck you can lift heaver weights using the vbar style

Hub "v-bar" basically uses the thumb, index finger, and middle finger to wrap around the top of the device. I am not positive, but I don't think of the ring and pinkie fingers being involved.

My "claw" technique uses fingertips only with the exception of my pinkie. It swings to the side of top, acting as a stabilizer for the lift.

For me, using the vertical bar method on the hub would be like pinching with rubber plates, just not interested in doing it.

Cheers chaps, looks like my technique is very similar to Hubgeezers "claw", so will continue with that.

• 16 years later...

I need to develop my technique further, above 48 is insufficient and I feel comfortable. 80 is a remarkable performance