Quick Gripper Selection And Program Designquestion

makey98

I have two goals that I would like to accomplish before the BBB3. Lift my 45# blob and close my 2.5.

I have made slow but steady progress on grippers since I started a year and a half ago. When I first started I couldn't close my trainer, but now I can close my filed #2 and am working on my 2.5 and am about 1/4" a way with a CCS and about 1/8 away with a choker. I am thinking about trying a different method of training and see if I can get this 2.5 more quickly I haven't ever really focused solely on grippers, but I think that with my current program it will take me another 6 months to close this 2.5 and would like to experiment with a different program. I just finished KTA2 a couple of weeks ago and would like to wait to try KTA1 until after I can close my 2.5 and use the KTA to get the #3.

I am interested in trying a program consisting of heavy negatives with a gripper that is much more difficult than my goal gripper (2.5). So I need a #3 but all I have is IM grippers and would like a different brand and try something else. I have never tried anyone else's grippers at this point so I have no idea if I have an easy or hard #1,2,2.5. So I am deciding between a BBGM or Elite. Do you think that the elite will be too difficult at my strength level for a productive negative? I could just get a BBGM but I know grippers vary and don't want to get a BBGM that happens to be a 2.7 or something and I am pretty sure that if I get an elite it will be as hard or harder than most #3's.

This is the program I am going to try and see if I can improve more quickly than in the past. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Tues.

Warmup

5-8 Elite Neg's

2-3 #2 Overcrush

Friday

Warmup

45# + 2.5#'s Neg's x 10

35# block farmers walks

personally i like a couple of grippers harder than my goal gripper, for negs, you might want to have a look at RB grippers as well, FBBC stock them. They are my favourite grippers, think my 210 is a harder than my 2.5, not sure by how much, but dont think its a lot harder. And they have narrow versions as well so you could maybe go 240, or 260n, though they could be similar to a 3, someone else who has them will have to tell you about that. but its worth a look.

personally i like a couple of grippers harder than my goal gripper, for negs, you might want to have a look at RB grippers as well, FBBC stock them. They are my favourite grippers, think my 210 is a harder than my 2.5, not sure by how much, but dont think its a lot harder. And they have narrow versions as well so you could maybe go 240, or 260n, though they could be similar to a 3, someone else who has them will have to tell you about that. but its worth a look.

I agree with this. You could go for something like a 240 which is around a #3 in strength. A 260N might be too easy because that is closer to a 2.5 but something like a 300N might do the trick. I have never tried BB grippers so I couldn't give you advice on that honestly. However, I think it might be too much to go for negs on a gripper more than .5 above your goal gripper.

I agree with this. You could go for something like a 240 which is around a #3 in strength. A 260N might be too easy because that is closer to a 2.5 but something like a 300N might do the trick. I have never tried BB grippers so I couldn't give you advice on that honestly. However, I think it might be too much to go for negs on a gripper more than .5 above your goal gripper.

i agree that you dont want to have a gripper too hard, as you want to be able to hold it for a while, at a reasonable distance, not force something closed and then it spring out. i think that the grippers that are too strong for you could also lead to injuries, as there is a lot of force on your knuckles if it is too strong for you. but negs are definitely worthwhile, or they have been for me, as well as some pinch work, while seems to be building up my thumbpad, which allows for an easier set.

Yeah, I think the elite may be too much, maybe I should go for a BBGM, I just would like a gripper that is right at a #3 or a little tougher and I have heard that alot of BBGM's are around a 2.6 or 2.7. I looked into getting a RB from FBBC but I have read on this board that they vary more than any other grippers. Maybe I will just order one and find out.....does the program seem like a good idea?