Unified Nationals In Kc

jad

The USAF championships are in KC on August 4-5. Anyone heading up there? Who are your top picks for each class?

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't have any picks going into it because I was not sure of who was going to be there.

In the supers, I heard a monster came out of retirement and fouled out against Harold Owens early on - and continued to hammer people on the B-side until he finally lost to Nick Zinna and ended up in 3rd place.

Who was this monster? Richard Lupkes! :mosher

http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/index.p...iew&id=2700

http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/index.p...iew&id=1996

http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/index.p...iew&id=2727

I heard Tim Bresnan went undefeated in supers - wow! Tim looks stronger than he's ever been.

I would like to see a Tim Bresnan supermatch with either Michael Todd or Ron Bath. Judging from the way Tim has been pulling as of late, I might have to put my money on him.

Edited by G-Man

Your hero Lukpes came out of a 20 year retirement!!! I saw him beat Owens later in the toruney, already on ARMTV. He's bald now, heh, hard to recognize him! He lost to Zinna but Zinna is a monster (btw, he's a CoC, a grip guy!! :tongue ), who only lost to Bresnan who is obviously damn strong. I thought he wasn't too strong from a video I saw where Bagent toys with him, but I guess he is after all.

I think Lupkes' last match was in 1990 when he tore his rotator cuff in a brutal match with John Brzenk. He apparently still has it in him to beat Harold Owens who I believe beat Michael Todd the last time they met.

I was told that the famous match where Bagent toys with Bresnan occured in part because Bresnan was tired from some long matches and they were "trash talking" back and forth. I think Bresnan is much stronger now and in his current shape would be a damned good match for Bagent.

Lupkes is a monster....ALL 299 lbs of him. At 51 years of age he still looks great. If he actually trains again, he could be back on top again.

It was great to see him after all these years.

Lupkes is a monster....ALL 299 lbs of him. At 51 years of age he still looks great. If he actually trains again, he could be back on top again.

Bob, are you suggesting Lupkes never really prepared for this event? :bow

At 51 years old, he is not very old for arm wrestling. I believe Dave Randall is 50 and he's easily in the top three in North America overall.

Paul,

No, I did not pull with him, BUT we did talk a great length.

G-man,

According to Lupkes, he only started back in the gym about 3 months ago and has not AW for a very long time.

There is a 45 min interview with him on www.myarmtv.com BUT you have to be a member.

According to Lupkes, he only started back in the gym about 3 months ago and has not AW for a very long time.

That is very impressive - he could easily be the top SHW again if he put some time and effort into it. It would be cool to see an in-shape Lupkes vs ...

Dave Randall

Devon Larratt

John Brzenk

Farid Uzmanov

Alexey Voevoda ... and of course

Dima :rock