Ultimate Arm Wrestling Training System.

james2k

I see they are on backorder. The price is good, but I would try to make my own, being cheap.

Do you think it will work well?

I see they are on backorder. The price is good, but I would try to make my own, being cheap.

Do you think it will work well?

Yes

http://www.eiyc.com/training_system.htm

I ordered the alst one of these a while back and am waiting for it to arrive. Do you think it would be effective?

Probably good for supination/pronation training, but certainly not for all aspects of armwrestling.

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.eiyc.com/training_system.htm

I ordered the alst one of these a while back and am waiting for it to arrive. Do you think it would be effective?

Probably good for supination/pronation training, but certainly not for all aspects of armwrestling.

I agree it might help out - especially if you are traveling and you are not near a well-equipped gym.

I used to do something very similar using a preacher bench and the cable-cross over pullies. To work on your "finish" - always a weak point with me - you hold the cable down in a "pinning position" with as much weight as you can - and even have another person push down to give an even greater resistance.

I used to alternate using different angles as well as different handles - a Rolling Thunder handle on lighter days and a normal, cable cross over gripper on the heavier days.

These are good for developing a good “hit” as well – drop the weight to about 25% your max, add a Rolling Thunder handle and practice your “hits” using that – and it does not hurt to add a chain or two to the stack.

An even better combination is doing a weighted arm wrestling negative pull-up for about 30 seconds and supersetting that with the “arm wrestling slap downs.” If you really want to feel the effects, do about 30 minutes of heavy leg work prior.

The main reason I got away from doing them is that I am focusing on other goals now that are not arm wrestling related.

Also, while these are great exercises, you have to be careful not to overtrain as they make your tendons and ligaments sore for a long time. You may only be able to get one good workout like this in, every two to three weeks. If you are foolish like I was, you could do these 10-days before a major competition and end up still sore on the day of the event.

Edited by G-Man

An even better combination is doing a weighted arm wrestling negative pull-up for about 30 seconds and supersetting that with the “arm wrestling slap downs.” If you really want to feel the effects, do about 30 minutes of heavy leg work prior.

Let me rephrase that: it is a weighted negative pull-up - I did not mean to add "arm wrestling" into that.

Let me rephrase that: it is a weighted negative pull-up - I did not mean to add "arm wrestling" into that.

What are your goals now G-man? Also why are you not interested in trying to be the best at armwrestling anymore?

What are your goals now G-man? Also why are you not interested in trying to be the best at armwrestling anymore?

I am looking to take the thick bar concentration curl as far as I can take it. This more than likely will help me with pulling later on, but that is not the focus now.

• 4 weeks later...

It appears to be a good system, however I would be afraid of that thing snapping and whiplashing me. Ha. :unsure

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a bad price,but couldn't you achieve the same results with some resistance bands?

If you have a doorway chin-up bar you could tie the resistance bands to the bar and pretty much get the same results.

you can also buy handles that clip onto resistance bands as well for a dollor or two.:)