Grippers

GonnaGetAGrip

Will using grippers (HG) benefit me in armwrestling at all?

There are pros in this board, but I would venture to say using gripper should not hurt your AW. But IMO it's not the absolute ingredient for a winner. From what I 've read John Brzenk uses very light gripper for his hand work, with fast speed motion. I train my pronator and supinator muscles and suddenly my grip is also tighter, a plus side effect if you ask me. Bob Brown can give you more info though.

Well I think any grip type exercise will help your armwrestling. Although our sport is more about static holding more than crushing hand strength. Grippers directly build crushing strength and indirectly build static. I would also train static holds as well. Such as Rolling thunder.

I thought this would help more the hook. I you are strong with this exercise, people will have problems to open your hook.

Well I think any grip type exercise will help your armwrestling. Although our sport is more about static holding more than crushing hand strength. Grippers directly build crushing strength and indirectly build static. I would also train static holds as well. Such as Rolling thunder.
Static?

A begginers question. What is statics hold? I always hear about it but don't know what it is.

Thanks for the pics, Pavel. You are right. This exercise can help when the opponent tries to slip out.

Guest Bonzi
Will using grippers (HG) benefit me in armwrestling at all?

There are pros in this board, but I would venture to say using gripper should not hurt your AW. But IMO it's not the absolute ingredient for a winner. From what I 've read John Brzenk uses very light gripper for his hand work, with fast speed motion. I train my pronator and supinator muscles and suddenly my grip is also tighter, a plus side effect if you ask me. Bob Brown can give you more info though.

If a competitor has had his hands ground to dust, how can he pull?

Static hold......to hold in a set position and not move.

For example. Close a gripper and HOLD it closed.

Pull yourself up and then Just HOLD yourself there.

BUT more to my point of Static Hold for the hand. Hang to two Rolling thunders from what ever and do you pullups on them. NO MATTER how you do your pullups your hands are doing a static hold. AND they are doing it in basically the same position as AW.

A begginers question. What is statics hold? I always hear about it but don't know what it is.

isometric/static = no movent the muscles dont contract trying to crush a baseball fro example. the hand has no movement. rolling thunder, thickbar, blockweights, platepinch, ect.

Thanks bob brown and aquilonian :)

pullups with rolling thunders is an awesome movement...Austin showed me these and they hit the hands very hard and I agree they hit them similar to armwrestling.

If a competitor has had his hands ground to dust, how can he pull?

Can you give an example of this theory? Or is it just a notion? click here ot my example :

Do you guy recognize the gentleman on the right side? He is no chump when it comes to hand strength, in fact he's top notch in it, but that did not guarrantee a win.