Progress on grippers

komodo

I am always impressed by the progress of others on this board.  I have all the Ironmind grippers as well as the BBM.  A couple of years ago I thought I would be able to close the #3.  I have just recently been able to close the Master on an inconsistent basis.  I have read and tried many, if not all, of the techniques that have helped others.  It gives one a true idea of how hard it really is to advance to the next level.  Good luck to all!!

I just got my E & SE today. I'll be lucky if I can close my E by the end of the year.  ???  If I can get my #3 by the middle of Oct I might have a chance.

Here are the WAMA #s

E: 126-18 = 108 handle spread 78mm

SE: 124-18 = 106 handle spread 77mm

Are those spring diameters correct? I'm not sure. ???

Welcome to the GripBoard, komodo!!  :)

What is your current grip routine?  Tell us much more about yourself, in detail if possible.  ;)

I work in financial planning.  I have been lifting for over twenty years as a hobby.  I became a forearm / grip enthusiast about 6 years ago.  My ultimate goal would be to close the #3 and have myself profiled in Milo.  Easier said than done.  A new technique to prepare myself to close the BBM is to give "Indian burns" to the grip of an old 3 iron.  Seems to help in securing the gripper.  My gripper workout is about 15 attempts on the BBM with rep work on the COCs 1 and 2 every week.  Good luck to all!!

Jeff

A new technique to prepare myself to close the BBM is to give "Indian burns" to the grip of an old 3 iron.  Seems to help in securing the gripper.

Have you tried chalk?

Thanks for the WAMA numbers Nathan.  I have measured most #3 sized springs as 18.5 mm radius, and used that in my spreadsheet.  Your numbers are once again lower than any one I've measured, with all the variances I guess they are possible.  Is the SE a Silver Elite?  I thought that they were no longer being made.

E = elite

SE = super elite

If the spring diameter is 18.5 I guess the WAMA #s would be 107.5 (E) & 105.5 (SE) then. They're both not silver. They've both got the black spring.

try including two hand closes ( if you have two grippers ) in your training...trying to  close two  grippers at  once ( one  in  each hand ) will most definitely help you progress with the grippers. You  will probably need to do this with  a higher and lower rated ( numbered ) grippers.....the more  you  succeed in  closing two grippers at once, the easier it  will  become to  closing  just  one at a  time. you will  find positioning to be  your biggest hurdle, but after regular/continued practice, you  will find yourself with significant strength increase in crushing..... Of  course there are many others ways to  help you with your crushing, but I  haven't heard of  anyone stressing the two-handed  concept for a method  of effective progressive gripper training.