Which should i get

Guest Youngguy

Guest Youngguy

Should I get the Beef Builder Elite?  What is the difference between Ironmind's gripper to the Beef Builder grippers?

I can do 2 reps with my #3 on good days.  So, what would you suggest?  I am totally new to this BB gripper thing, so I am lost on what I should get.

Get the Beef Builder Elite.  For me it was a considerable step up from my #3s, but nowhere near as hard as the #4.  You will probably be doing 4-6 reps with your #3 before you are able to close the BBE.

I just got my BB elite, master, and advanced. The advanced was a small step up from my #1. The master was a small step down from my double stamped #2. The elite is seriously a tiny step below my double stamped four. I can barley force my #4 shut on my leg and I can barley shut the elite on my leg. Lots of guys told me the new Black spring elites are similar to #3's. I must have a one in a ten-thousand elite then because I am not even close to this one and I have closed the #3 before.

It seems that the handles start a little closer on the BB brand grippers.

I just got a double-stamped #2 as well as a double-stamped #3, and boy is the #2 a bear.  It is a lot harder than my single-stamped #2 and my BB Master.

Guest boris

Hi all.

This is my first post here.

What a difference between single-stamped and double-stamped grippers.If I ask something stupid ,sorry  :)

Guest boris

Nathan  ,you buy double stamped from "Ironmind" ?

I don't understand ,what grippers they sell now ?I buy my #1 and #2 in december 2002.

The names of the grippers don't change, but it seems like the grippers are harder now than they were before. That's what people say. I got my grippers in Dec 2001 also & my #2 was double-stamped & it was really hard. I've got a 2 July 2002 #2s & they're even harder than the one I already had. They're both double-stamped. If you ask for a gripper from Ironmind, it might be double-stamped & it might not be, I don't think it's something you can ask for.

Guest Youngguy

I have found that the #1 I bought was allot harder, but was not double stamped.  It seems that the spring is allot stiffer.

I don't know how long you guys have had your double stamped grippers, but they may need to be broken in.  Broken in meaning into its stage of not being brand new or really old.  Just in the middle of new and old.

I could be wrong, because the only double stamped gripper I received above all others was a #4.

It could even be that Ironmind thought it would be a good idea to start making them harder, because of the big long list of Certified 3's.

I could go on and on about what possibilities there are with the reason for the double stamped gripper being so tough, but I don't have a clue.  I am only suggesting what possibilities there are.

Anyway, train hard and never give up.  It was a big long endless battle for me to close that 3, but I never gave up with my training.

It was a big long endless battle for me to close that 3, but I never gave up with my training.

I thought you closed the #3 when you were 14.   Some "endless battle"  :p

Robert