Another one torn!

Guest Jeff Roark

Guest Jeff Roark

I just tore a 1200 page office equipment catalog. One of the guys here at work who seen me tear the phone book said he knew I couldn't do it... well he was wrong. It was super hard and very difficult to manage. My arms also got very tired through the tear which was not continuous, I had to rest a couple times. I am getting better. Now for those darn cards.

Congratulations! That's a big tear. Catalogs usually are made of a tougher grade of paper than phone books. I have tried to tear many different equipment catalogs and even the small ones are hard. For me the bigger ones are impossible. If you don't mind, I would like to know how much you are able pinch and what your wrist work consists of (along with a few maxes). Also, do you do one arm DB rows? If so, with how much weight? I am curious to see how much more strength I need to add in these areas before some bigger tears will come my way. Thanks, Jeff.

Mike M.

Guest Jeff Roark

Mike,

I really couldn't beleive it either, and the two guys watching definately couldn't beleive that it was tearing. I just dug in hard and kept at it, then all of a sudden she went. As for my best grip maxes, I have done the BBMx3 right handed, #2x1 left, two hand pinch 178lbsx1, 35lbs plates right handed pinch. I haven't been doing much grip work as of the last 2 weeks or so because my hands have been bothering me a bit(CTS). I have only been doing some impromptu feats like this. One thing I have to say that they are addictive! I am thinking I might buy some nails now and start bending a bit, and try to improve my tearing ability so it will be no struggle any time I am called out on it. One other thing my forearms and hands are sore today, and it is a muscle (good) sore.

Guest Jeff Roark

Sorry Mike I didn't answer all your questions. As for direct wrist work, I guess the closest I come to that is just some wrist roller work, and I haven't moved into some of the territory some the guys around here are into. I also do a few hammer curls and some reverse curls occasionally. I absolutely suck at thick bar work. Currently I don't do one arm rows but have in the past, and heavy up to 120lbs+.

Thanks, that's a big help. I shouldn't be too far off but I fear that I'm going to have to start heavy pinching again.

Mike M.