How Strong Should I Be?

lukaz_

Hey guys this is my first time posting on the AW forum. I'm a 17 year old and always liked AW, and recently I've been wanting to train for it more seriously.

I have this friend of mine who is like 200lbs ( I'm 160lbs) and I have beaten him sometimes, I think thats quite good because he hasn't lost to anyone except me for the last few years. I would probably get crushed against a 140 pounder professional but I would like to start training for AW.

I would like to know what would be considered strong for a 160lbs puller on these lifts or any other lifts you find important. I would also like to know if very strong professional light armwrestlers can often do one arm chins.

Weighted chin-ups

Wrist curl

Hammer curl

Thanks for the help

weighted chins - +75lbs is pretty good!

wrist curl - 200lbs or above is a good wrist curl assuming full ROM (i would think this depends less on bodyweight)

hammer curl - depends on the form, but half bodyweight is pretty beastly, in your case 80lbs

David is right. The best advice for you is to join an armwrestling club and train with people at the table.

For your strength question:

Many light and middleweights can do on arm chin. This is a very nice training goal.

Hammer curl and biceps curl, the most amwrestler doing these on a scott bench or a table for a partial movement. 100 pounds partial curls (til 90 degrees, right angle) would be a nice goal.

The thing is I live on Brazil and I only know of one gym that may have some armwrestlers, nothing too serious tho. I'm also very young so its hard for me to move around searching for places to train. Thats why, at the moment, I have to weightlift.

The thing is I live on Brazil and I only know of one gym that may have some armwrestlers, nothing too serious tho. I'm also very young so its hard for me to move around searching for places to train. Thats why, at the moment, I have to weightlift.

I understand. There is alot of armwrestling in Brazil but it is a big country.

Hand, wrist, fingers are key. Along with your bicep lifts. Be sure to do some kind of side pressure for you elbow. Also pronation and supanation of the forearm. Good luck.

Bricklifting ! i bet that would help alot

• 6 months later...
Bricklifting ! i bet that would help alot

how exactly do you perform a brick lift? i heard this term alot but i never found an explanation of how to do it..

Armwrestling is what you need.

Get to a club and start a/w training.

David

I agree with David and also i wouldnt get to caught up in poundages of what others are doing because people do different things or some use FRM but others will only do PARTIALS and some people will curl strict while others throw the weight up any way they can. All you can do is work as hard as you can and keep trying to improve and to get stronger than you are

• 2 weeks later...