Women going for the #3

Sybersnott

Since I don't subscribe to MILO (yet), I was wondering.... are there any women TRYING for the #3?  I know of a few women that can close the #2 (Elizabeth Talbot is one).  But do you think the #3 is out of reach for most women who can close the #2??

Tell ya what... the first WOMAN to officially close the #3 - I WILL PROPOSE MARRIAGE TO HER!!!  :)  :p  :p  

Now.... how's THAT for an incentive for a lady out there to close the #3??  :)

The only thing that matters is the 1st PERSON who closes a #3 is & that's Richard Sorin. Nobody made a big deal about him being the 1st man to do it, so nobody make a big deal about the 1st woman to do it.

Guest 115-1005574997

Nathan

As no woman has ever shut a #3 and all women are equally entitled to be recognised and credited for their efforts, i think its a very unfair comment youve made.

John

As Eliz Talbot may possibly be on of the first lady’s to get the #3 i recon you should fight Dave for her honour.  Chivalry and winning the hand of a fair maiden is still alive in Stafford !

Guest 115-1005574997

Bill

Its English tradition that once a challenge has been set (by you) and accepted then you cant back down and honour MUST be satisfied!!!

Nathan,

Richard was a precocious phenomenon, so matters

were not as much in place to honor him when he

broke the barrier.

The analogy would be Kinney with the 4. Matters

were in place and he was honored.

Certainly matters are aligned for the distaff distinction.

Using your logic, should there even be a certification

process for any 3 closers?

Or are you just stirring? Locally a restaurant serves a

Say Sandwich- whatever the customer orders on 'wry'

bread:)

I would have to agree that the first woman to close a #3 will be a tremendous feat, A feat that deserves a special recognition.  It is a medical fact that because of hormones and body composition that women have 67% less upper body strength than the average man (lower body strength is closer).  Also women don't usually respond to training as well as males.  I'm not trying to sound sexist here, because I think some woman will close a #3 one day, and she will have my respect as a great strength athlete.

Guest DavidHW

Liz Willett, if I could get her to focus on grip training, would mash a No. 3 within a year, I bet. Trouble is, she's too busy winning the USAPL Women's Nationals, getting bronze medals in world competitions, and squatting 590 lbs. :)

Seriously, I was hublifting just yesterday, and Liz strolled over and pulled up a 45 with two 2.5 lb plates on top with her left hand. A 50-lb hub lift from someone who doesn't train seriously? C'mon. I've also seen her do 180 lb farmer's walks in each hand with Olympic bars for over 60 feet, again, just goofing off, after a full squat workout.

She's amazing.

David

David,

Is Liz Willet pretty?  Gawd, with strength like that.... um, I'm afraid.  She could probably CRUSH me!!   :crazy

David Horne,

As for Elizabeth Talbot... tell her she has a choice.  You, or an incredibly gorgeous American man (me).  No contest!!  :p

My girl is a hottie!(gripgal)  She can put the squeeze on the #1 and move some big weights in the three lifts.  Did I mention she deadlifts with a double overhand hook.  Oh, too sexy.  :p ha ha......I don't have any pics of her closing the #1, but I do have a three finger close with the trainer.  Maybe if I send it to Wannagrip he will put it in the gallery.  Strongmitts

Guest 115-1005574997

So Eliz (Talbot)  the agony of choice, Dave or Mr Hicks  who will it be?   .......  :)

Still recon there should be a fight for her honour though, its tradition!!

Snot is looking to marry and sette down with a girl who has great grip genetics. Their baby will be so strong that it will be able to crush it's baby bottle and push snot around in a stroller.

strongmitts,

Get some pics of your hottie girlfriend crushing the grippers!  Most of the supermodel babes I know fail miserably at the Trainer!  Oh woe is me... to find a gal worthy of my grippers!!   :blush  ;)

Snott, I'm in the process of moving.  Hopefully I will be settled in about a week or so and I will scan some pics.  strongmitts

david,

my god...a women hub lifting 50 lbs.. never in my  wildest dreams did I think that  was going to  happen  in  my lifetime.....as for a women closing a #3...I have always believed  that this is  possible and will probably happen in my lifetime...... hopefully I  am right.