The blob

bseedot

If anyone in the Twin Cities area in Minnesota wants to purchase a York 100 pounder to make a Blob I've found several at Galyan's at the Hwy 394 & Hopkins Crossroad location.  They list at $0.79 per pound, but are on clearance for $0.59/ pound.  The guy said that they've been there forever and, after hemming and hawing for awhile, I got him to sell them to me for $0.46/ pound.  York Barbell lists them at $0.80/ pound in their price list.

I got a 100 pounder (and a 70 pounder for practice).  That 100 pounder is freakin' huge!

BC.

Brian,

I would be interested in having a 50lb blob. Do you think there is any posibility of bringing one over with you? I don't know if you could or if you'd want to get it in to your luggage, but do you know how much extra it would cost to place it in the hold as an extra piece of luggage? If it's too short a notice well no probs.

email irongrip@ntlworld.com

David

David-

I'll surely see what I can do.  The main thing will be getting the handle cut off by tomorrow morning.  If I can get the proper instrument to cut it tonight I'll see if I can just stick it in my suitcase.  Anyone wanna bet that my suitcase gets searched when they see something like that pass through the scanner?  :0

See you soon!

BC.

Guest 115-1005574997

Brian

Dont worry about a clean cut, im sure Dave can sort it out his end.

A 50lb blob would be amazing if you could do it but its a good job your a strong lad to carry in a suit case!! :)

Maybe stick it in hand luggage?  ok its a bit of an argument if anyone askes but heck its worth a try ;)

Customes officer "And what's THIS may i ask"?

Brian "Oh is the end off a york 100lb dbell.  Its a pressie for a mate of mine in the UK"

They'll belive you.... no worrys :)

Cant wait 2 c u on saturday

Brian

Just in case you were taking Scott seriously, I would think twice about taking that in your hand luggage (thats's if you manage to get it sorted at all). With the heightened airline security at the moment, they may not be happy about you taking a 50lb block weight onto the plane, which you could quite easily club someone to death with.

Just a thought!

Looking forward to meeting you,

Elizabeth

Guest 115-1005574997

Brian

As Eliz quite rightly pointed out i was speaking light heartedly and was joking.  Not only would they be un impressed with that much weight of hand luggage, if it fell on someone’s head it would make their eyes water!

thanks eliz ;)

No worries people.  I carefully deciphered the emoticons in your message, Scott, and determined that you were indeed joking.  ;)

Maximum carry-on weight is only 40 lbs. anyway.  I've got it in my suitcase so I think that it will be fine there- except the part where I have to carry it.  :p

I'm headed to the airport in a couple of hours!  See you all soon!

BC.

You should be able to pack those as well. You tried to carry the grippers on?

I was able to carry grippers on two flights (domestic US) a few months ago.  The old guy and the young woman watching the xray had a short discussion, ending with the old guy demonstrating the gripper motion.  She just nodded.  No bag search.

I was also able to take the grippers in my hand luggage a few months ago, with some discussion at times but this time there was no way they would let me take them. I had to re-check them, as they were "possibly  lethal".

how I do not know. (maybe talk the pilot into giving them a cold try and injuring his tendons??)

Well, I got it here.  Had no problems at all.  I have to admit that lugging the suitcase around was a bit of a challenge at times though :)   I'm just glad I'm not bringing the #### thing home!!  

Matt and I are hanging out at Paul Marland's home right now enjoying some lunch.  After being awake for 36 hours straight I sure was "knackered" last night  ;)  12 hours of sleep though and I'm basically fine today.

Later on.

BC.

Beesnot,

If i would have nown earlier,iwould have asked you to bring one in your other hand,so you could have made claim to the longest farmers walk ever,i think david had a good idea,get a

blob and tire out  one of his competiters in one go hee,hee.

Bet your fore arms were well blown,nice job see ya at the comp......

Indeed I must say it's been  an absolute pleasure to meet Brian & Matt. :D   Watching Brian mash the #2 inverted with ease was something else and Matt came so very close.

Also both guys came to my parents house to have a little workout and watching them train has truly inspired me to start my grip training in earnest again  and I might even follow in Brian's foot steps and start some strong man training!!

Hopefully I can do the same as them and travel over to Minnesota next year for some US hospitality.

Paul.

Brian,

That's great news! Thanks, and sorry for the farmers walk training. We'll have a play with it, and anything else you want to on the sunday morning.

See ya tomorrow, David

David

The sunday morning ritual looks almost as entising,as the

saturday comp.

See ya tomorrow night.......Gazza

Guest 115-1005574997

Brian

Great to meet you and Matt IRL at last!  That blob is HUGE and i can bearly do it with 2 hands!  Good job your a big strong Minnesota lad.

Did you enjoy the comp on saturday and the 'play' on sunday?  those rocks and barrels of daves are fun!  Did you managed to subdue 'THE BEAST' or was Kalle the only one able to manage it?

So how many people have ever lifted the blob?  Is it just Wade, Sorin, Brookfield and Pfister?

Scotty

Big Jim is the man,not only did he blitz his v-bar lift,after a

very hard comp and loads of thick bar work the next day,he nailed the blob,ithink he has the potential to go for a record in the blob,way to go big JIM!