Hi Guys,new Here

Andy Ox

Hi everyone i'm Andy,i'm from the UK (south of England).

I'm a competitive Strongman mainly in the 105kg class.Due to an old back injury i'm due to retire from the sport after my last comp at the end of July.

I plan to compete Armwrestling but i've go sooooo much to learn as i know nothing.

I also need to build up my grip,wrists and forearm strength a hell of a lot before i think about competing.

I've just bought a table which i got today.I've also ordered the Ultimate Guide to Pro Armwrestling book, is this a good book to start with?

Any help you can give me will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Andy

Edited by Andy Ox

I'm a competitive Strongman mainly in the 105kg class.Due to an old back injury i'm due to retire from the sport after my last comp at the end of July.

I plan to compete Armwrestling but i've go sooooo much to learn as i know nothing.

I also need to build up my grip,wrists and forearm strength a hell of a lot before i think about competing.

I've just bought a table which i got today.I've also ordered the Ultimate Guide to Pro Armwrestling book, is this a good book to start with?

Cheers.

Andy

Cheers.

Andy

where abouts in the south of England are you from Andy?I recommend that you join a club as the only realistic way your gonna compete is to practise armwrestling with active armwrestlers. As a strongman you should have a very good foundation in strength in the areas that you mentioned,but in my experience whilst useful, resistance exercises to build up additional strength in these areas cannot replace table time practising armwrestling itself. The nearest armwrestling places to you are likely to be the SE Armwrestling Federation at Farnham(Farnham pump public house),

Farnham Royal

Slough

You will find info you need on this site www.armwrestlingfree2view.com

or

Bletchley leisure centre,Milton keynes the home of Milton keynes armwrestling run by Steve kerlew(world no 3 @70kg).

www.mkarmwrestling.co.uk

good luck

Thanks Shaun much appreciated.I'm getting training info from a bloke that was British Arm Wrestling champion in 2001,he's guiding me over the phone as he lives a distance from me.He said the same thing as you,that nothing beats actual hands on (no pun intended)to learn.

Thanks again.

Hi Andy,

Good to see you here.

There is a novice comp mentioned on the mk site, see below. This will be a useful outing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE NEW GREYHOUND COMPETITION IS BACK ON FOR SUNDAY THE 17TH OF JUNE THERE WILL BE PRO AND NOVICE CATORGRIES FOR BOTH WOMEN AND MEN WILL DISPLAY THE WEIGHT CATORGRIES BY FRIDAY GOING TO BE ANOTHER GREAT COMP AND HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE

David

Remember that important is technique (toproll, hook...) and tactics.

I am not very strong (for example: wrist table curl, and biceps table curl =75kg one hand -dumbbell diameter 5cm) there now the proper selection of technique to given enemy permits me to win with stronger enemies

but 80% to victory it is strong

Thanks everyone for all your replies.

Hi David,that comp seems the kind of thing i'd like to do first but it will be too soon as i will be training for my last strongman comp then and won't be training fully for Armwrestling until August but i want too learn as much as i can until then.Although it will be a long drive i'll deffinately have to get to yours for you to show me some moves.Unless we meet at The Whey Consortium and i'll bring my table.I'm sure Mike won't mind but i'll check with him,if your up for that?

Yeah Andy bring the table to the Whey when Elizabeth or I go down for a session.

David

Edited by davidhorne