Captins of crush

"D"

Hello all!

I see there's a bunch of strong hands here.  I was just wondering who can close what and how long it took you on each.  I'm new to [serious] grip training and am just wondering where I stand among everyone.  No one I know trains grip like the people here, so I don't really know what is good progress and what isn't.

Thanks,

-Dan

*I tried to edit the title to make it say "Grippers" instead of Captins of Crush, because I realize there are others out there besides Ironminds.  So if you are working with others, I'd like to hear about that as well*

Hey D I got a full set of grippers Trainer-#4. At first I could not get the #2, but had it with in a week. I have closed a #3 a couple times which took 7 months. I recommend that you progressivley work your way through each gripper. For example I would put something between the handles and shut it to the object. Example close a #3 to within seven quarters stacked on top of each other. Then aim for getting it closed to six quarters. I liked this "measuring" because I could see steady improvement instead of well it was about halfway shut.

Guest juggernaut216

I have been lifting for about 5 months and I got the #1 on June 16th.I was able to close it about 12x in about 2 weeks.I got the #2 about 2 weeks ago and I just closed it 3 days ago.It was hard though and I barely closed it.So it took me about 5 weeks to close a #2.I weigh 308 and I bench 390 and I feel like a wuss with the grippers lol!!! It is very addicting and hard not to squeeze those things everytime you see it laying there.You feel like"I will just squeeze it once".That turns into more and more reps.I think I overdid it a few times as my fingers and hands were hurting bad.I learned very quickly to appreciate those #### things and use it in moderation.

• 3 weeks later...

^^^ I hear ya. I'm 225lbs with what i like to think are at least respectable-looking forearms....but relatively weak. I got the #1 and 2 in January and couldn't close the #1 the first few times I tried. To this day I can only close it, at best, 5 times in a row( I can take a 30 second break and do it 2 or 3 more times). I am still not even close on the #2 :(

When I use the #1 I do about 10-15 reps total 2 times a week. I wanna close the #2 before October! :D

Maybe  my progress will be of   some inspiration to some, since  my progress has  been  very  slow. I am  like the polar opposite of  Joe  Kinney  (   Captain of Recovery! ) It took me about  5 months to  close my  #2 gripper  and about  7 years to closing  the #3, yes 7 years.....a lot  of this time was  spent trying to  figure out  what would  work for me....I found making  gains with the  grippers to  be  very unlike the   gains I  had  made  with   other body  parts.....I   consistanly made   gains doing all other  types of excercises,  but not with   the  grippers.  With all this  said, I am glad to  say that I  am still making  progress.. probably the most  important training  aid I   have   found  in the 7 years would be   two -handed  closes ....closing one  gripper in  each  hand at the  same  time. ....Best Wishes

when i first odered my grippers, i could close the trainer,and the #1 rite out of the package. only because i was training my grip on a rubber dog toy for 3 months! it took about 2 months when i could close the#2. i think it will be 2 or 3 months before the #3. if i train hard,and progressivly :D