Coc's

JeffPeterson

Who here can close the BB elite. It sounds like the next step up from the #3. I think I read that at least three people could. Sexton, Holle and I can't remember the other guys name.

I think there's a lot more than 3 people who can do it.

Heath Sexton and Nathan Holle have done it with pics. Richard Sorin surely can do it. David Horne, Jim Wylie and Steve Gardener would surely mash it along with Nick McKinless. Add Wannagrip (if it's not done, it's going to be done very soon) and maybe a couple that I forget. Terminator probably can do it too, I don't know.

l   l  

I'm about that far.  I would say a couple months, but with this daily training it could be next week. :hehe

Sorry to crowd your topic. :blush

You guys talking about the CS Elites or the new black oxide spring?  There is a world of difference.  The new narrow black spring (BS) is in the range of a #3, usually slightly harder than an average #3.  The wide CS is in a totally different class, closer to a #4 than a #3.  I've got both and closed both (pics coming before you ask).  The list of other known people who've closed CS Elites are:

Heath Sexton

Gale Gillingham

Roger Steffens

I suspect Nathan Holle would close one based on his closure of a narrow Black spring Super Elite.

My Elite is the new BS.  Although it is harder then both of my #3s it is definitely closer to a 3 then a 4.  When I close my elite I will be doing between 4-6 reps with my weaker #3.  I knew when I got it that it was weaker then the older ones, but it is serving as a nice step up.

So the company no longer makes the CS spring elite only the BS spring. I was hoping that the elite I orderd would be closer to a #4 then a #3. Stupid question anybody here willing to part with a CS spring elite. Probably not but thought I would ask.

I was lucky, I gave my CS elite to somebody from the net over a year ago, and forgot about it. I exchanged an e-mail over it recently, and he never really used it, so he was nice enough to send it back. I am going to take my first serious shot at it in a couple of weeks.

In a few more years, hundreds of people will be certified  as to   been credited  with closing   the #3 gripper( unless the large number of people  certified discourages incentive to get certified ). I'm  in firm belief that there are at least a  100 (  most  likely more ) people who could close a #3, that aren't currently cerified, right now ( 2002 ). ......thank you Joe Kinney for raising the standard.... will we ever discover the limit? ( !!! )