Stomping On Your Grippers?...........your Nuts

lloyd80s

Hi Guys,

I find it quite stupid after reading on many sites and posts that people are stomping on their grippers to make them easier to close. Is it just me that thinks this is pathetic? Would these same people buy a 25kg weights disc and file 2 kgs off to make it a bit easier? :dry

I understand that some grippers feel stiff and have sticking points when they're new but natural seasoning will sort these minor things out, you don't need to go jumping on the gripper. Just use it in your workouts and you'll find it will feel better/smoother after while.

A few points below for anyone that stomps,

Firstly we spend our hard earnd cash grippers, so, say you order a #2...........why would you stomp on it to make it feel like a #1.5? If you want a #1.5 then order a #1.5. Don't go closing a weakend gripper and post it on you tube, you're just kidding yourself. I'm not questioning anyone by saying this but I'll make the point that if you've made you gripper weaker by chest crushes or stomps, you shouldn't feel so great about closing it......it may not take the lbs to close as it should. You may as well get a #4 and smash it until if feels like a #2, you still feel proud closing it? Nah, I didn't think so. :tongue

Also if you buy a gripper and it feels harder you expected...that's great. It gives you more of a challenge and when you do close it at least you've done it the hard way. It'd give more satisfaction knowing that you've closed a hard #3 then an easy one.

Of course, you paid for you grippers so do whatever you want with them. Just think about why you're about to stomp on your gripper next time you do it.

Please tell me your opinions on this subject as I'd like to hear both sides of the argument.

Maybe I've got it all wrong?? :whistel