2" Vbar

vikingsrule92

I have a couple of questions about this. Do you guys think that it's worth the $58 it costs? I've heard some people say that The Jug from FBBC or just a regular loading pin works just as well but mine is super slick and I was wondering if it would be worth it for me to buy this? Also, I assume the design for this is the same as the 1", with a regular metal handle with a painted base, correct? Is John going to put up a cert list for this or what? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Matt where are you? Matt recently received one of these, and the guys say its awesome! I have yet to play with it though. Really looking forward too it. With that said, if the boys say it's good, it is.

I HAVE A THICK AND STANDARD VBAR,I FIND THEM TO BE AS ADDICTIVE AS GRIPPERS. I FIND THE VBAR WORKOUT TO BE VERY SATISFYING AS WELL. :cool

If you are serious about training Vbar then certainly. If you really like it then certainly.

He did offer me a hollow one as well...keep that in mind.

If you are serious about training Vbar then certainly. If you really like it then certainly.

He did offer me a hollow one as well...keep that in mind.

I'm almost definitely going to get one, I'm just working out the details of my order with John right now. Would a hollow one be weaker as far as weights it can handle? How much cheaper was it?

I own one of these (massive) FBBC 2" vbars which I received as a prize at last years BBB2.

Yesterday I did my first small session on it.

Never did one before since at first I didn't find any fitting plates:

50mm < 2" !!! ARGH.

Well after trying most of my plates I found a suitable set and did a session with my grip buddy Burki.

Very nice grip tool with probably more carryover to other events than a 1" vbar.

Plus it looks thats theres no injury risk (torn skin).

It feels very comfortable to lift with it, I really like it, Burki was the same opinion.

Not sure on the price difference, definetely cheaper as it is less steal and is light.

The 2" won't tear your skin and you also won't pinch you ring finger between your palm and the steal...but that is most a probably with larger hands.