Carple tunnel .

Guest tomykelly

Guest tomykelly

After 35 years of training I found out that the numbness in my right hand is Carpal Tunnel . Anyone here ever have this ?

Thanks !

I have been suffering with it to,for the last 3 months,how does it affect you when exercising,i find i am about,50-75 percent of what i can normally do,any remedies.

Guest tomykelly

I take 1000 grams of Naproxen aday .

I was putting my hand and wrist in hot then cold water for 3 mins then switch .I also wear a brace at night and a ace wrap doing the day . The two Doctors I have seen said no operation was needed at this time it may heal on its own in time . I have to see a Orthopedic Doctor Aug 6 th and have I have went to a Chiropractor also couple of times .

As far a training goes . At 52 I have been training hard and heavy since I was 15 . So I am now going to do light to moderate exercises with weights from now on and take care of my joints from here on .  I know there are man and women on this board older then me and can still train heavy God bless you .I can still get a good workout. In a  matter of fact my wrist feels its best after I workout .

Must stretch the ligaments and helps the circulating .Have you seen a Doctor yet ?

I got this below  off a website .

Pat

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Treatment

Other treatments for carpal tunnel syndrome include:

Physical therapy techniques, such as ultrasound, hydrotherapy, and stretching and range-of-motion exercises.

Ultrasound therapy uses high-pitched sound waves to create heat, which may help decrease pain in the soft tissues (such as the tendons).

Hydrotherapy involves immersing the wrist in hot water for 3 minutes, then cold water for 3 minutes. This type of hydrotherapy (contrast hydrotherapy) increases circulation to the wrist.

Stretching the wrists and hands before work may help prepare the carpal tunnel nerve for repetitive movements.9 One study found that range-of-motion exercises, when compared with splinting, brought faster pain relief and helped people return to work sooner.8

Wrist splints. In mild cases of carpal tunnel syndrome, rest and wearing a wrist splint at night may be enough to relieve symptoms. Wrist splints keep the wrist from bending and minimize or prevent pressure on the median nerve. Wrist splints are designed for different purposes such as for particular jobs or for wearing at night.

Retraining or learning new ways to do things, and ergonomic considerations (such as having your body in the correct posture and position and using equipment that is right for your strength and ability). Retraining and ergonomic considerations may not only relieve the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome, but also may prevent the symptoms from coming back.

Complementary and alternative treatments

Complementary and alternative treatments are often used to treat the symptoms of tingling, numbness, weakness, or pain of the fingers or hand. Some of these treatments include:

Acupuncture. Acupuncture has been suggested as a useful treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome.9 Because it is commonly used, the U.S. National Institutes of Health is currently studying the effectiveness of acupuncture for treating carpal tunnel syndrome.

Yoga. Yoga can be helpful in relieving pain and improving grip strength in the hand.11 One study showed that yoga was more effective than wrist splinting or no treatment in relieving the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.12

Manipulation therapies. Manipulation therapies, such as chiropractic, involve realignment of joints and bones by twisting, pulling, or pushing movements in the wrist and in the forearm, upper arm, shoulder, upper back, and neck. Chiropractic treatment may relieve the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.13

Some people who have carpal tunnel syndrome have been found to have a vitamin B6 deficiency. However, there is still controversy about the effectiveness of taking vitamin B6. There is limited evidence that suggests that taking B6 may help relieve the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.8, 9 Talk to your doctor before taking vitamin B6 as a treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome because high doses may be harmful.

Pat