Pinch feats and my beginner pinch progress

Guest sjeff70

Guest sjeff70

I had only my second pinch workout ever yesterday and was quite pleased at my results.  I might be berating myself but I thought it was an above average feat (even for a gripster) to be able to pinch off the floor two 25s (left hand 15 sec, right 5 sec).  I found it quite easy, especially with my left hand (I'm right handed).  For some reason I'm able to make a better mental connection with my left hand while pinching.  Anyway, I really enjoy it and I like how it gives you a fulfilling, overall feeling of power in your hands.  Once I incorporate wrist curls, I'll be on my way to total gripping power!  

Enough of my trivial feat. I was wondering if any of you expert pinchers were able to pierce (thumb) an unopened can of beverage like Kinney did in his video.  I would enjoy working into this feat.  

Something else I'm finding is that you can work crushing, supporting, and pinching on consecutive days (each on its own day) - with very little, if any ill effects to the performance from the previous day - and still progress.  I do not know if it is because I'm still a newbie.    

Jeff