Grip Challenge Weight Classes:

Men 0-185 lbs

Men 186+ lbs

Grip Events:

Rolling Thunder

Block Pinch Grip

Gripper Strap Hold

Lever Lift to the Front

Armwrestling Entry Fee: $15 for first class; $10 for each additional class; FREE FOR FIRST TIME EOA EVENT COMPETITORS!!!

Grip Challenge Entry Fee: $10

Trophies for the top three armwrestlers; Medals for the top three grip enthusiasts

The Georgetown Sports Pub

1159 Bank Street

Ottawa, ON

CANADA

For more information contact Eric Roussin at 613-745-8638 or eroussin@rogers.com

Much more information can be found here: http://easternontarioarmwrestling.bravehost.com

Ryan Espey LIVES IN CANADA HE WILL MOST LIKLEY BE THERE

I don't think Devon will be competing in the grip challenge, but it would be fun to see how he would do. I probably won't be competing either, as I'll be busy emceeing the event. This will be the first ever grip challenge in this area (that I know of). I expect most of the competitors will be armwrestlers who haven't really trained specifically for grip strength. I am a fan of grip strength, and I think many armwrestlers are/would be as well.

Eric-Welcome to the board! For those that dont know Eric he is a phenominal armwrestler.

Talk Devon into doing the rolling thunder lift atleast. Im guessing he would put up some monster numbers on this lift.

Austin

Thanks for the compliment Austin. The first time Devon tried Rolling Thunder he did about 215 lbs, but I'm sure he could do quite a bit more if he decided to specifically train for it.

Eric,

Austin says you are an excellent athlete. Just curious, do you train Grip specifically?

The grip exercises I do are mostly ones that I feel carry over to armwrestling. My wrist strength is pretty good and I enjoy doing pinch work. I'd say my crush strength is weakest. I feel I'm pretty strong, but my grip strength pales in comparison to that of many of the members on this board.

Welcome! Make sure to shoot me results & some pics for STRONG! Magazine

STRONG! magazine email

Edited by John Beatty