Bbb 3 Date Set

John Beatty

October 13th, 2007. Date set. The only weekend in Oct that the U of I is away, so we can get hotels easily.

Tentative events-

Grippers

Bending

Odd object load (a hub, blob, pinch, Inch, maybe a small (140lb or so) anvil & 1-2 more items)

Hercules hold

2" vbar

one other event TBA

Entry $50, A little more this year, want to up the prizes a bit, and do trophies or plaques to 10th

25 spots max

Food, beer & toys after as the last 2 years.

Meet t's to all.

I'll get an entry form up on the FBBC site in the next few weeks.

Sign me up John. I won't miss this.

I thought we had axle DL this time? I really wanted a contest result in that one. Stupid V-Bars anyway :tongue

Oh well, whatever you have works for me - what's the menu this time around?

John - I've been meaning to ask - any word on the Inch Replicas?

We might do the Axle for the 6th event, I couldn't remember what else I had on the tentative list.

Inch DB's are kind of on hold, I'm a little tight on $, have to pay the first full real estate tax on the new house this year. I'm working on it, but at this point, it's either the magazine or the DB's.

Sign me up!! It was incredible last year, PR's will fall!

I'm definately joining in this time!!! I had a blast just watching you guys last year!!! :rock

You can count on me coming.

I am going to drive 3 hours south, do my best, and meet some old friends and some new super strong ones. For the TBA event..please keep the scale weight hold since it is a superb test of endurance and thumb and my best event from BBB1.

.. neilkaz ..

I live in Chicago and would like to come, even if there are not even spots for a novice like myself, I would still like to come and watch! I guess I have about 6 months to train, so you never know.

Matt

Edited by makey98

Novice or advanced, all spots are for whoever fills them. A contest is a great place to learn in Grip, there are generally experts in every aspect of grip present. Dave Thornton's bending last year was a great example of bad form-tips-good form & big PR's

I've got a good idea from the orders he's made, bending will no longer hurt Dave. I'm predicting multiple KOAB bars to go down at MGC this year, then more & tougher stuff at the BBB.

Is this a sign-up thread? If so, please count me in as well John.

Josh

I'm in.

Instead of swords, we'll have battleaxes & mauls, Might even try to come up with a war hammer.

Sign me up, John.

I guess the best thing to do is fly to Peoria? How far from your place are the hotels?

Sign me up, John.

I guess the best thing to do is fly to Peoria? How far from your place are the hotels?

Can you fly to Champaign-Urbana ? Pesotum is maybe 20 miles South of Champaign and much closer than Peoria. Alternately you may wish to, and especially if flying with other find it cheaper to fly to Chicago or Indy and rent a car ?!

Looking forward to meeting you.. neilkaz ..

Sign me up, John.

Can you fly to Champaign-Urbana ? Pesotum is maybe 20 miles South of Champaign and much closer than Peoria. Alternately you may wish to, and especially if flying with other find it cheaper to fly to Chicago or Indy and rent a car ?!

Looking forward to meeting you.. neilkaz ..

Okay. It sounds like I need to do some price comparisons. Thank you.

And I'll see you in October!

Best place to fly (closest) is Willard Airport in Savoy, IL. It's about 10 min from my house. If anyone flies into Savoy, just let me know in advance & I'll be glad to pick people up & run them to the hotel. Otherwise, I'd recommend flying into Indianapolis. Much nicer than Chicago, easier to get to Champaign, and you don't have to deal with Chicago traffic. O'Hare airport in Chicago is a huge pain to get out of, the traffic coming through Chicago sucks. St Louis is about a 3 hour trip, Chicago is 2 1/2 with good traffic, up to 5 if bad. Indy takes about 1 3/4 hour. Peoria is about 1 1/2 hour, Bloomington is about an hour, Willard in Savoy is 10 min to the hotel, 10 min to my house. The hotel will be the same as last year & it's about 20 min to the house.