Mgnet therapy!

blueshadow

Please try to keep an open mind about this. I have found that after a hard grip work out sometimes my hands and forearms are very painful the day after. If I apply magnets to the area,the pain subsides quite noticeably. Other times if I apply the magnets right after a work out, there will be no pain whatsoever. I have also noticed that my sleep is more peaceful and rejuvenating. Magnets with North polarity seem to work best for me and they work everytime. Is it psychological or does it really work? I would enjoy your opinions!!

I saw a Skeptical Inquirer concerning magnet therapy. They showed that most of the therapuetic magnets available aren't even powerfull enough to penetrate the first few layers of skin. So even if magnetic therapy did have some validity, the magnets available would not suffice to begin with.

Guest JoeQ1966

I have been hearing of magnets for awhile now,,alot of guys in armwrestling use them and claim they work..I just got back from california and while there a guy was on the boardwalk giving massages.A massage therapist..He was using some magnets in his massages..I am no expert on this at all but I have heard of people having the same results as you are having.I have a guy that works with me and he sells magnet types of equipment..Everything from support braces to bracelets.There are alot of claims about this magnet deal.Im not sure if there is any true scientific proof but if it works for you then why not.

joe

I saw a Skeptical Inquirer concerning magnet therapy. They showed that most of the therapuetic magnets available aren't even powerfull enough to penetrate the first few layers of skin. So even if magnetic therapy did have some validity, the magnets available would not suffice to begin with.

Adam,

Thanks for your input, the magnets I have are really strong,I obtained some of these specifically for this purpose,you do not want to go near a computor with these as it might cause some damage to your PC! I have four that I retrieved from old computor hard drives that I use for microloading my thick bars! Anyone else had positive results from magnetic therapy?

One of ceramic magnets I have is encased in plastic to prevent damage, can be felt from appx. 14 inches away,this is one of the most effective I have that seems to help recuperation.

Later,

JJ

Magnets with North polarity seem to work best for me and they work everytime.

I thought all magnets had a North and South pole to them.

What do you mean by a North polarity?

Gaster, so did I. Some magnets are made with just North polarity as are the pillow inserts my wife and I use, she had a recurring backache that nothing seemed to help including prescription drugs until she tried this. Supposedly North polarity is soothing and relaxing while South polarity is energizing! Please understand I am not trying to sell anybody on this and I am no expert but I am always willing to try something new, within reason of course, and this is working for us. So far research seems to be evenly divided.

To Health,

JJ

Guest Jay Ansuini

If I remember correctly, all magnets have a north and a south pole to them.  I am not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure that if you took a magnetic bar and cut it in half (assuming it was not depolarized in the way it is cut) the result would be 2 magnets, each with a north and a south.  Also, I agree that most magnets really would not physically benefit you.  I saw blind study involving theraputic magnets that showed magnets do not increase blood flow or have any physiological benefits.  I have also been in several MRI machines in the last 4 years and can tell you that I honestly felt no different coming out than I did going in.

I could be wrong about the physiological benefits of mangetic therapy, the study I saw was several years old.  I hope this post is at least partly useful for you.

I have never been drawn to this treatment.

Afraid of becoming bi-polar...and maybe even

thereby casting a blue shadow...

I have never been drawn to this treatment.

Afraid of becoming bi-polar...and maybe even

thereby casting a blue shadow...

:crazy  :D  

I was unexpectedly pulled to this topic for some reason....

My younger bro (10 yrs old) has battled knee problems all his life.... I guess he was born that way. My mom is always keeping her eyes open for alternative ways to relieve his pain. She bought him "special shoes" that fit better that align his body weight better, It's not like Forest Gump looking shoes, they look like a pair of Nike's. She has also bought him a Magnetic blanket and mattress. I was skeptical about the whole magnet thing, at first, until I slept on his bed one night when he was at a friends place for a sleep over. I swear, I had the most restful sleep ever, I felt rejuvenated and alive the next morning.  It might have just been psychological, but I guess if I believe that it works, then that's all that matters, right?

The whole magnetic thing is something worth looking into... However, you WILL choke on the asking price for this stuff. Maybe the price alone has a psychological effect, you pay the big bucks for this stuff and you believe it's gonna work. ???

I was unexpectedly pulled to this topic for some reason....

Well Snott, let's have your unbiased, analytical opinion/comments that always accompany that magnetic personality!   ;)