Help With Choosing Gripper Between #2 And #3

HellMagic

At the moment I've got one HG250 and one CoC#3 (2007), but since I can't squeeze the CoC#3 past parallel I think I might need an in betweener here (right?).

Strengthwise I'm around a CoC#2, I've tried one once and closed it with a set. The #3 is my goal gripper.

Now for choosing which one, I think I've got three suitable grippers to choose from.

1) CoC#2.5 (would be $36 for me)

2) RB210 ($36 too)

3) BB SM ($45)

I don't really know which one of these I should choose, do you guys have any tips, opinions or ideas? :)

Thanks in advance.

I would get the 2.5. I wouldn't necessarily say you need another gripper, though. Maybe get the VG instead. LINK

Don't forget the HG300 is also a good choise. It is also cheaper than the rest. But if I were to choose the grippers you listed, I'll pick the BBSM.

I would vote for the #2.5. As far as I know the BBSM tends to be a bit nearer the #3, like 2.7 maybe. Either would be a good choice though. My HG300 is as hard as my #3, so is a bit risky as you don't know what you'll end up with.

I'd go with the 210, the knurling is real nice and the grippers are fine all over. And for the same price as the #2.5 i'd prefer it even more.

For consistency i'd go with the CoC 2.5

I've got a HG300 and as a previous post said, they do vary and it's as hard as my CoC number 3.

Not tried any of the others so i can't compare.

But the gripper with springs is a good alternative - something i might buy myself now they come with knurled handles - with so many different levels of difficulty to choose from.

twig, when did you get yours? I got my RB's (including a 210) this Monday, and the knurling is excellent. Don't even necessarily need chalk now, probably will though when summer comes.

They changed the knurling a while ago from a rougher to a finer structure. The knurling on my newer RBs is excellent. The knurling on my older brass ones is very sharp but not as good.

I'd go with the 210, the knurling is real nice and the grippers are fine all over. And for the same price as the #2.5 i'd prefer it even more.

Yes. OK.

It is buy best CoC 2.5 + Hand Gripper Helper

In y opinion the hand gripper helper is useless. I am sure there are people who will agree with me. Buy close the gap. It is much better.

Yes. OK.

It is buy best CoC 2.5 + Hand Gripper Helper

I think you got me wrong. I ment I prefer the RB210 even more not the #2.5.

In y opinion the hand gripper helper is useless. I am sure there are people who will agree with me. Buy close the gap. It is much better.

Alawadhi but your opinion about IMTUG ?

I'd go with the 210, the knurling is real nice and the grippers are fine all over. And for the same price as the #2.5 i'd prefer it even more

I ment I prefer the RB210 even more not the #2.5.

It can buy RB 210C ?

Edited by pawel r

210C will most propable be too close to the #2. Standard 210 would be better. If you want a narrow one between #2 & #3 you should take a 240C/N.

Edited by greenBuddah

replied to your PM :)

I would buy a 2.5. I also think you'd do well to get a 2 along with it. Perhaps the total cost would be a bit less than $72 since I don't think the postage and handling for two grippers is twice what it is for 1 gripper.

If you want a 2.5 from RB, go for the RB240N or C. I somewhat prefer IM's knurling to RB's, however I haven't bought any RB's in alomst 18 months so if the knurling is changed (I like very tough knurling) I am not sure.

One issue I have with RB N's (I have and have used lots of them) is that like most narrow spread grippers the sweep is considerably easier than what you'd expect but then they get quite hard over the last several mm of the close. So the RB240N may not be any tougher than the #2 on the sweep but it's 2.5 ish right at the close.

..neilkaz ..

I opted for the 2.5 & the BBSM as each one is a step closer to the 3 and there's a decent difference between them. I've closed the 2.5 once so far, but am still 1/4" away from the BBSM and can only get the 3 to 1".

If you have the $$$ then I'd get both...

replied to your PM :)

Thanks

For what it is worth, I can close my BB SM but am just a hair from closing the COC 2.5. I forgot that I even have a HG 300 and will give it a try. I can close the HG 250.

For what it is worth, I can close my BB SM but am just a hair from closing the COC 2.5. I forgot that I even have a HG 300 and will give it a try. I can close the HG 250.

wow, usually its the other way around, people that can close the 2.5 for 1 rep usually miss on the bbsm.

Thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated :D

I never considered HG300 since I have an HG250 already (bought 2004), and I don't like it. The knurling is slippery and it hurts my skin more than the #3 does (they might have gotten better over the years though). It's also narrow, which actually can be quite nice, but it's a slight disadvantage when switching to wide ones.

Anyway, I've made up my mind!

It seems like a majority here would choose the #2.5, and since I'd like to replace my HG250 with something better I'll go for a #2 aswell.. and while I'm at it, I think I just might order a #1 too (oh my, where will this end?) :)

So a #2.5 it is, and an additional #1 and #2, woho /°\

Yay, grippers ordered!

I also took the opportunity to get the Expand your hand bands, so I have something to do when my hands are sore :)

So, now I just have to anxiously jump up and down for a week or two before they arrive.

*taps fingers*

wow, usually its the other way around, people that can close the 2.5 for 1 rep usually miss on the bbsm.

My friend has a 2.5 that is exactly the same spread and handle depth as mine. The only way to tell them apart is that his is a bit harder than my BBSM and mine is easier !

Grippers really can vary ! .. neilkaz ..

Yay, grippers ordered!

I also took the opportunity to get the Expand your hand bands, so I have something to do when my hands are sore :)

So, now I just have to anxiously jump up and down for a week or two before they arrive.

*taps fingers*

Let us know what you'd rate them once you get them please!