A Week Of Firsts

cjsta

this has been a very good week in my grip and bending training. I got the 12" spike braced, some 5/8" square and 3/4" round x 5' long bar hrs, an unbraced St. Croix #0 at chest level, and today I tore my first licence plate. I have posted these in my gallery and would appreciate some feed back for a 3 month bender, I bent my first nail on dec. 22, 2006. It was a 60d braced and it took about 10 minutes, now I fold them at chest DU in seconds. I'm really excited about all the progress and am working towards getting cert. on Bastard and IM Red this year.

Dang - that's quite the way to start a bending career - keep it up!!!

Very nice start! That 3/4 is some awesome stuff isn't it? I love the long-bar and that's what got me started. Then I just sorta got hooked on all of it.

What style to you bend your long bar stuff? Just curious since 5 foot is pretty long. I like the fish out of the 5/8 square. I have some 5/8 square and it's pretty fun stuff. Quite a bit harder than 5/8 round.

Great Job!

Tim

thanks for the encouragement guys,

Tim, the horseshoe is a St. Croix Ultralite size 0 unbraced at chest level, it's very similar to the licence plate technique that i learned from "Big Steve" except that the licence plate makes contact with the chest and the shoe didn't.

The long bar technique that I use I also learned from "Big Steve", I wrap the center with a towel, wear thin leather work gloves and do the first pull in a lunge position with the bar near the top of my right shin but well below the knee cap, then I put one end in the towel and tuck it in my hip and pull some more, then I lay the towel on my chest put one leg of the bar on it and pull again. If the bar is tough I then step on the inside of the bend, if its not to bad I tuck the bend in a towel and in my hip and pull the left side with my right hand and pull the right side with my left hand.

The 5' length is no problem for me, I have a 78" finger tip to finger tip reach, but I want to get some shorter lengths in the 3/4" round and 5/8" square and also some 5' in 7/8" and 1" round all hrs to see where I'm at.

Do you know were I can find rules for cert. for FBBC horseshoes or find a video of a horseshoe cert. ? The rules seem to be written for short bends and I'm not sure how far the shoe has to be bent for the cert.

Chris

Edited by cjsta

thanks for the encouragement guys,

Tim, the horseshoe is a St. Croix Ultralite size 0 unbraced at chest level, it's very similar to the licence plate technique that i learned from "Big Steve" except that the licence plate makes contact with the chest and the shoe didn't.

Chris

I tried that with a Diamond size 0, and it's very effective. Had to give everything I had in the tank to get it as far as the one in your gallery :D

Very impressive longbar bending also! Gotta love the long bars

Rock on!

Mats

If you get a 1 inch bar that will be something else! I've got a 7/8 inch piece that just taunts me but as of yet no go. I haven't pursued it real hard lately though since the long bar is much more expensive. I've also got a 1 inches but that's going to take one heck of an exceptional person to bend that one.

I bend some like Big Steve too. I ripped a license plate the way his video shows too. First one I tried but I've been very hit-and-miss since then.

Tim