Hub Lifting How High Can We Go

DAN PRAYDIS

45lb plate hub liftings hot right now lets keep a on going video up date on how high we can get the weight to go up post links here or videos this is not a contest to see who can do more but to see what we can do pushing each other to get heaver weights two way sticky tape is helpful to keep the weights from falling off if the plate gets tilted . post when you want have fun :flame

We have some videos of Brad doing big weight added to an old York 45 plate - not sure what it was - but it was ridiculous - might be going on the next Sh*t video in the series

Most I've done is the 45lb plate plus 10k (22lb) = 67lb.

A lot of this weight is situated to the front which helps a lot. We allow this in the comp, but if you do a 1 lift with the 25k (55lb) disc you better any thing done on the previous disc. We then use the Triple Hub apparatus from Stan Pike. This allows no tilt.

Anyway, have fun guys, I look forward to watching your vids.

David

Matti,

Yes I can hub curl, I haven't really attempted any amount of reps with it though.

There is so many things you can train on, but it's important to prioratise things especially if you have a contest in the future.

David

I did a 30kg hub lift about one year ago at Burk. The video is a bit dark, but you can see 4 2.5kg plates on the 20kg plate: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=5465

There are also some very impressive hub vids in Flo's gallery

Esp. the double 20 Kg hub curl rulez

I did a 30kg hub lift about one year ago at Burk. The video is a bit dark, but you can see 4 2.5kg plates on the 20kg plate: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=5465

Haha, that was posted to the same time, eh?!

:D

Thanks, Thorsten!

David, you´re right! First things first and then some fun :) Florian, you´re superpincher! Now I know what´s the world class achievement! Good to know, because now start the hunting ;)Double hub curl was Super!

Thanks, Thorsten!

Oh sure, no problem Flo.

This is a worldclass feat and wanted to post it.

I was not sure if lot of guys had seen this in your gallery because there are only a handful replies - not much for such a feat!

So here is my feedback:

:rock:mosher

hehe,

:D:laugh

The latest Milo has an article written about the Jackson Barbell Company, with a special emphasis on the old Jackson plates. It is written by an older fellow (could be 46, could be 66 looking at his photo) who was just plain obsessed about finding some old Jackson 45s, which he did, and the photo has him high pulling it.

The photo of the plate shows that the hub is both non-sloped, narrow, and deep. It looks like one-third of a beer can on a top of a barbell plate. Mr. Jackson, before selling the brand (to Ivanko), apparently made every plate "from his basement workshop in Springfield, New Jersey for 41 years."

If someone wants to lift 100 pounds, I suspect the best candidate to do it on would be a Jackson.

Dan P, you being a connoisseur of old plates, can you weigh in on the subject?

Hbgzr

The plate looks perfect to do hub lift. Mine Duke plates ( somebody have said that the name was before "york", Idont know?), the hub is on the top narrow and the bottom, it is wider. What about other plates hub sizes? Florian, John?

ok i just went and took measurments the list goes like this and you can buy hamptons everywhere

no.1 sybersnotts jacksons are 3" in x1 1/4 deep

no.2 hampton 3" in x 1 1/16 deep

no.3 international 3" 3/4 x i"deep

no.4 york newer one 3 5/8 x 1"deep

no.5 cap brand 3" x 3/4 deep

all are straight slope :help any more names and sizes

Edited by DAN PRAYDIS

ok i just went and took measurments the list goes like this and you can buy hamptons everywhere

no.1 sybersnotts jacksons are 3" in x1 1/4 deep

no.2 hampton 3" in x 1 1/16 deep

no.3 international 3" 3/4 x i"deep

no.4 york newer one 3 5/8 x 1"deep

no.5 cap brand 3" x 3/4 deep

all are straight slope :help any more names and sizes

Thanks Dan - very interesting.

the plates i used were the 'cap brand' and are bodypower plates. Then hub is 3/4'' deep.

Measurement result: Duke (york) 20kg plate,the hub is 1" deep. Bottom of the slope,. the width is 92mm. And the top of the slope is 87mm.