They Do Vary, Don't They

bentpresser

I did a 4.5 yellow IM, yet have to prekink a dull gray 60d from here in Southern California to stand a rat's chance at it, and even then can't finish it. I did trim it down a bit, but no more than 1/3 ". Go figure.

Yep vary alot and I mean alot. Do you have the brand name? I have some dull gray ones that calibrated at 330 lbs; heck for that matter I sent Eric a dull gray one that I knew would be a beast and it hit 480 lbs but it was visibly a little thicker and a true freak of a 60d nail. Now I have some more dull gray ones (all non galvanized by the way) that only hit 265 lbs so as you can see they are all over the map. The 265 one would be about average.

Could be too that you're really strong on the shorter stuff.

Later,

Tim

I kinked one once on a reverse bend, but usually it's a no go. These are thicker and more dense than the IM 1/4 stock. Not sure on the brand name.

Most 60d nails are a little thicker than 1/4 inch stock anyway. People say they're 1/4 inch but they're actually #2 gauge which is slightly thicker. Probably just a tough batch of 60d nails I'd say.

Tim