1/4"x5.5" Stainless Bar

liam.mccaffrey

i bent one of these tonight,

anyone like to hazard a guess at what it might cal at or compare to

i ahve no idea where i am progression wise until i get my stock from Ben Edwards

I might put a calibration rig together tomorrow as i have kept a piece of all my best bends to calibrate and would be good to know

Cheers Guys

If its grade 303 stainless it would calibrate about the same as an fbbc 1/4" x 5.5" CRS round its only slightly harder on the crush not like the bigger stainless stuff which is much tougher on the crush.

Look in Eric Milfelds calibration charts.

Were did you get it from.

i got it from a friend of mine who owns an engineering company. he has agreed to sell me any stock i want trade cost.

it felt very springy very much like the halfords professional spanner i bent. though i am not sure what grade it is

spanner

Nice bend on the spanner.

The stainless he gave you will most likely be 303 grade if not 3o4 grade ask him then its easier to compare it you can also calibrate it yourself so you will know.

Good bend Liam. When you get the package I sent you it also has some 1/4" Stainless in it. You'll be able to compare them. Because that Stainless is much harder than 1/4" CRS at the same lengths. Feels very similar to a Grade 5 at 6" and under.

Good bend Liam. When you get the package I sent you it also has some 1/4" Stainless in it. You'll be able to compare them. Because that Stainless is much harder than 1/4" CRS at the same lengths. Feels very similar to a Grade 5 at 6" and under.

just tried a stainless 1/4" x 5" but could only get it to 80º

just tried a stainless 1/4" x 5" but could only get it to 80º

I just couldn't leave it alone, i watched gazzas fantastic shiny and picked up my 80º 1/4" x 5" stainless and just started pumping

15 mins later it was under 2 inches.

Congrats never underestimate the power of the MIND and self BELIEF :D

No "LIMITS" mate.

thanks Gaz

i just cant wait for the stuff Ben has sent me, i love this sport.

i was telling Ben yesterday that i kinked a beastly piece of 7" x 1/4" square key steel to about 30º

i have been since told that keysteel is tempered and probably would have snapped at around 70º-100º had i got it there,

scary

No "LIMITS" mate.

thanks Gaz

i was telling Ben yesterday that i kinked a beastly piece of 7" x 1/4" square key steel to about 30º

i have been since told that keysteel is tempered and probably would have snapped at around 70º-100º had i got it there,

scary

Not true at least with the squire keysteel i have and the squire keysteel i have also bent off big steve.

i did wrap it completely in thin leather and put bending wraps on it so that if it did snap it wouldn't do any damage.

i couldn't move it any more though, thats for another day

thanks for the benefit of your experience, its appreciated

I'm having a week off now Ben, promise :D

need to recover in a few areas

it was interesting having the 5/16" x 7" in the house. I foot bent some in order to do some isos

I can't kink, sweep or crush it. In fact I can't move it anywhere in its range. Im a whisker away from starting a kink though i can feel it

Edited by liamcafs

No "LIMITS" mate.

thanks Gaz

scary

I have bend squire keysteel in 1/4" and 5/16" thicknesses and it did not snap you might be mistakeing it for Tool steel which will definately break on the thicker stuff especially the squire stock i broke a piece of 5/16" squire tool steel and it aint nice really jars the shoulders not shure whether they do it in round stock its definately hardened.