Soreness In Upper Arm From Grippers

superfeemiman

I haven't used grippers enough to get it in a while, but I whenever I used to do lots of heavy negatives or heavy singles I would get a soreness in my upper-arm around the triceps. When I first started I never experienced it, but now that I can close the 2 it happens a lot. I'm thinking from that it might mean I have some sort of full-body strength imbalance, which could easily be the case as I haven't any full-body work in awhile.

Does anyone know what this could be caused by? If it helps, I close grippers with my arm and forearm in about a 90 degree relation (because it feels most comfortable).

I haven't used grippers enough to get it in a while, but I whenever I used to do lots of heavy negatives or heavy singles I would get a soreness in my upper-arm around the triceps. When I first started I never experienced it, but now that I can close the 2 it happens a lot. I'm thinking from that it might mean I have some sort of full-body strength imbalance, which could easily be the case as I haven't any full-body work in awhile.

Does anyone know what this could be caused by? If it helps, I close grippers with my arm and forearm in about a 90 degree relation (because it feels most comfortable).

Where around the tricep? close to the elbow, higher to the delt? If its by the elbow and you dont do extensor work try that...

Where around the tricep? close to the elbow, higher to the delt? If its by the elbow and you dont do extensor work try that...

Well, it's closer it to the elbow, but it's still clearly on my upper arm. It also hurts on my bicep sometimes too. I'm starting to think it's because I tense my upper arm on those hard closes, which would make a lot of sense.

As for extensor work, I do do it, but maybe not enough. I do not think it's lack of extensor training though, and that's because I've gotten pain in my elbow before that I'm guessing would probably the pain that lack of extensor training gives me. I don't get that pain much though, especially compared to the upper arm pain.

Thanks for the help though.

Superfeemiman: classic stuff. The recipe: Decent shoulder and arm warm-up before and stretching after.

Cheers,

Amaury

Thanks man. I'll definitely try that.

Another thing I have been doing lately and been largley injury free is to take an or 3 anti-inflammatory tab/s 15 minutes before a workout, it seems to stop or at least lessen post workout soreness.

Another thing I have been doing lately and been largley injury free is to take an or 3 anti-inflammatory tab/s 15 minutes before a workout, it seems to stop or at least lessen post workout soreness.

Thanks for the tip.

If stretching and doing more extensor work does not lessen the soreness I will consider something like this, but I think it will be avoidable.

Edited by superfeemiman

You might want to consider contracting the bicep and tricep, similar to what you do when closing the grippers, to help get the muscles used to the tension. Start with a couple of seconds through out the day, and work your way up in time. Benching and bent over rows might help if you have the time.

I would recommend using ice and heat to aid in recovery, especially if you don't want to use NSAIDs.

You might want to consider contracting the bicep and tricep, similar to what you do when closing the grippers, to help get the muscles used to the tension. Start with a couple of seconds through out the day, and work your way up in time. Benching and bent over rows might help if you have the time.

I would recommend using ice and heat to aid in recovery, especially if you don't want to use NSAIDs.

It's not that I don't want to use them, it's just I think they'll be avoidable for now, since I haven't even tried stretching or anything you mentioned to get rid of them.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll try those.