Galavanized 60d Question

ObsceneJester

I was wondering where would a galavanized 60D be? I just got some from Lowes and they weren't easy to bend IMHO. Again I was wondering where they rate as to other 60Ds

they vary all over the place. i've had some feel twice as hard as others that came from the same box.

The only ones I used to find around my area were slightly harder than my Hard 60D Nails.

Yeah I have to say the ones that I tried were easier then the dull 60's you gave me Ben but were not as hard as the shiny ones (still haven't bend one)

I agree that they vary all over. Some are no harder than a common 60D, they just flake the galvanizing all over. Now stainless is another story, always harder i.m.o.

I personally have found 5 different brands of galvanized at my lowes store. They calibrated at: 210, 280, 295, 315 and 320 lbs. The most common one now though are the keystone galvanized with the cement like coating which is the one that hit 315 lbs and is slightly longer than most 60d nails. It's a very tough nail for a beginer. The 210 one was ridiculously easy for a 60d and I've actually done 2 at a time so to me it's an unfair 60d do to it's easiness. It had a fairly thin head and was a pretty bright galvanized coating and it makes a very broad "U" bend.

The 320 had a real neat galvanized coating with a waffle head and makes a bend about as sharp as a G5. The 280 had a thin head and was a fairly dull gray. I'd say it's slightly above average and the 295 was pretty tough too; fairly bright galvanizing and medium thick head.

And that's just the ones from Lowes!

Lots of good things to chose from to bend.

Tim