Sean Prince Certification

Bill Piche

Well I did my certification video today. The first attempt was total garbage, poor set, poor attempt all around. The second and third attempts were solid closes. I reviewed video and they looked good but i am not the judge, getting video is tough as many know. I will send the gripper back today and will also try to get the video made today as well, that is convert to disc.

-Sean

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• smp76

• jad

• sixlitre

Congrats Sean on your closes - Now we just wait for the the judgment call!!!

Great job Sean!!!

Good job. Told you it was easy :whistel . OK maybe not, but sounds like you got it.

Well done Sean! :mosher

Nice job Sean!

Gripper is on the way back with the video.

-Sean

Sean, I need the video in another format. My machine cannot read this .avi and it actually bombs out explorer when I try. Never had this happen before with any other videos.

.mpg, wmv, etc. should work.

Upload it to one of the file sharing sites if you cannot email it to me.

Sweet!!!!

Glad the video worked. Happy Easter all.

-Sean

All judges gave it a red light. :( Some judges remarks to help Sean and others.

"Although I think he probably performed it with a legal set, it was not clearly shown on video. I think a lot of guys are losing sight of this aspect of the certification process. "

"Although he held it closed no problem, I can't make out a good shot of a parallel set. Once his hand gets out of the way, the gripper handles seem to look like they are beyond parallel. "

My own comments. The video was taken in general too far away. You have to be able to capture a still clearly showing the handles shut per the rules. And the setting hand blocked the set on all attempts and when it was removed the close had started and the handles way beyond parallel.

I have seen video taken on several recent MM certs too far away. I am not sure why the video takers are positioning themselves so far away?

Everyone who wants to cert, here is a great distance and clearly shown set and close.

http://www.mashmonster.com/davemortonmmg4.wmv

Congrats on closing it Sean. That's the most important part. Unless you can just totally dominate the gripper, where you can do the pause-set stuff, the vid is always going to be hit or miss.

On a side note: I think what would be more helpful than providing links to obvious passing videos would be some examples of the minimum or what barely passed. Nobody is going to try and do that pause stuff unless they know they can just kill the gripper.

As everyone knows, I had format issues with the video from the get go. Obviously, this issue coupled with Sean's cert being on the border of passing made it difficult. Therefore, the judges are re-reviewing the attempts based on a better video view and stills. Stay tuned.

You closed it Sean, no problem. You are strong enough to close it, now get handy with a camera ;)

The judges have reversed their decision. Sean's second attempt was judged to be GOOD.

I learned something in all this such that it should not happen again with a reversal being necessary. :)

Congrats Sean!