Iron Claw Videos

Scott Styles

Saw this guy on youtube a few days ago. He's got a good all-around grip, bending horse shoes, wrenches, frying pans and can apparently close a #3.

I was looking at the contents for Dennis's odd object DVD, and I think this is one of the feats on there. It's certainly a cool one.

Frying pans, esp the cheap kind (I use the same) are easy. It's a nice visual feat for a strength display. I normally do two - but only cos they come in a two pack.

I saw his vids a few days ago as well. I'm wondering what the brand of wrench he is using for the wrench bend, I saw the brand Olympia for the crescent bend but have never tried that one before.

He has very little trouble with the wrenches but seems to struggle a bit with a 10lb lever and has a tough time with a #2 St Croix Ultra Light horseshoe, which from the few that I've bent are by far the easiest (when braced). Just odd seeing the wrenches bend and the bit of struggle on the easier stuff.

• 10 months later...
I saw his vids a few days ago as well. I'm wondering what the brand of wrench he is using for the wrench bend, I saw the brand Olympia for the crescent bend but have never tried that one before.

He has very little trouble with the wrenches but seems to struggle a bit with a 10lb lever and has a tough time with a #2 St Croix Ultra Light horseshoe, which from the few that I've bent are by far the easiest (when braced). Just odd seeing the wrenches bend and the bit of struggle on the easier stuff.

I know that this thread is dead but in my own defence i must say a few things!! First off, The horseshoe that I'm bending in that video is not a St. Croix #2 ultralite, it is a St. Croix lite #2 which is a huge difference! I can heart shape an ultralite in under 7 seconds!! Futhermore, go buy an olmypia brand, 8" crescent wrench and try it for yourself! The open end wrench I'm breaking is a Chinese made off brand wrench which is a tad less than your Craftsman Tappet wrench. I can snap those as well, with ease but I did not want to fully brace it in the video. The 10 lb. sledge hammer was levered from the ground with no support board which increases your leverage substantially and I did two reps with it. No big deal I know for I do the same with a 12 pounder now. That is from the ground with no support board. I can do a 16lb. to full horizontal standing but not from the ground. That video of the 10 pounder is much older than everything else and I just put it up for the hell of it! That being said;

If anyone is interested, I have an open challenge to anyone that can complete the following; Tear a complete deck of bicycle brand playing cards in half with jokers and instructional cards included, bend a 5 inch X 1/4 inch cold rolled steel bar, Heart shape a St. Croix ultralite #2 horseshoe and drive a 16D nail through a one inch pine board with your fist. All of this has to be done within a 10 min. time frame and if you succeed you will receive an Iron Claw Master Practitioner's Challenge coin.

Now I know that this would be pretty easy for a lot of you here on this board but it is still a cool challenge with a very cool coin! anybody that is interested should go to my website at www.ironclawtraining.com and look up the Iron Claw Challenge.

I wish all of you the best in life and hope to be chatting with you in the future.

In Scotts defense, he does some very good grip feats on his pages. Did you watch his poker card vid, he goes through 5 decks in under 45 seconds. Dont act like the man is fraud or phony, he obviously has ability in the arena of hand strength.

We are all better than to cast stones at each other..

Scott, i will send you video for your challenge. I have collected challenge coins for years while i was over seas and yours will be a fine addition.

Adam Glass

The horseshoe that I'm bending in that video is not a St. Croix #2 ultralite, it is a St. Croix lite #2 which is a huge difference! I can heart shape an ultralite in under 7 seconds!!

OH YEAH! BIG difference.

Scott, have you ever tried a St. Croix #3 Lite Plain? A Diamond brand 00PL? Or a St. Croix Regular #2?

The horseshoe that I'm bending in that video is not a St. Croix #2 ultralite, it is a St. Croix lite #2 which is a huge difference! I can heart shape an ultralite in under 7 seconds!!

OH YEAH! BIG difference.

Scott, have you ever tried a St. Croix #3 Lite Plain? A Diamond brand 00PL? Or a St. Croix Regular #2?

I can bend a St. Croix regular but not to a full S. I'm a couple of inches off. I'm waiting until I can heart shape the lite. I guess It's my form of progression. Never tried a St. Croix #3 plain. Ive done a draft shoe but popped a rib while doing it. I think it was not as hard as most draft shoes. Might have been a bad forge job! LOL! But my rib didn't think so!

In Scotts defense, he does some very good grip feats on his pages. Did you watch his poker card vid, he goes through 5 decks in under 45 seconds. Dont act like the man is fraud or phony, he obviously has ability in the arena of hand strength.

Scott, i will send you video for your challenge. I have collected challenge coins for years while i was over seas and yours will be a fine addition.

Adam Glass

Thanks Adam,

I don't think anyone meant anything personal! I was just stating the facts. I have an awesome coin waiting for you my brother!

All the best,

Adam Glass

in fact card tear is impressive :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

but this is number 1 :

Edited by pawel r