Just Bent Some Fbbc Hex Stock

graeme

had some of my order arrived yesterday and today :)

so i got the 1/4" x 7" hex bar out, wrapped it up, with a bit of huffing and puffing i got a little kink, which i thought to myself thats just not on, so i got the elbows out and up and hooked in and the bar bent. It seemed to bend easier than some of my round, i mean that it seemed to keep flowing, but that more like i'm getting better at bending...

:mosher time to start shortening up the 7" bars to build up to bending the 1/4" square and the G5 bolts....

Big thanks to John at FBBC for getting me the stock sent out. It was/is easier to email John and get it it shipped by USPS, then to try get the local steel merchant to do some work.

The next order will contain some 5/16" stock, Hex and square and round so i can get on the 'KINGS OF STEEL' pages for Do and DU bending.

That is a really good bend. If you get a 6 inch piece I bet you'll be ready for the G5 bolt. Now I'll tell you from my experience the 1/4 square is much harder than the G5 bolts. As a matter of fact at 6 inches I think the 1/4 square calibrated at 485 lbs which is the same as a G9 bolt and I'm betting the kink was much harder.

The 1/4 hex is a darn fine bend in my book.

Great Job!

Tim

The 1/4 Hex was a good stepping stone to the Grade 5 bolt for me. Nice Bend!!!

i've got some G5's from John, and some G8 from a local supplier, so time to get busy and bend and bend....

Congrats dude! The hex is fun stuff alright, the 6 inch is close to a g5 but still a little way off from my experience, looking forward to seeing some of this stuff :P On a roll.... :mosher

Congrats dude! The hex is fun stuff alright, the 6 inch is close to a g5 but still a little way off from my experience, looking forward to seeing some of this stuff :P On a roll.... :mosher

Hrmm interesting, i haven't cut any of the Hex down, YET, but i just bent a 6" G5 1/4" bolt DO style....

The only thing that is killing me is the 5/16" round stock i have from a local supplier is damn hard is is getting me all twisting up inside :upsidedwn it will bend but i'm happy bending the stuff from FBBC.

Hopefully the Stainless turns up on Monday and Verdigriz (Brendan) will some be able to have some fun with FBBC stock.

The only thing that is killing me is the 5/16" round stock i have from a local supplier is damn hard is is getting me all twisting up inside :upsidedwn it will bend but i'm happy bending the stuff from FBBC.

If it's semi-bright/bright CRS stock (as opposed to HRS) you'll probably find it's around as hard as an IM Red. If you're trying to bend 6" lengths . . .I wish you luck :dry

I'm yet to find any local "easy" 5/16" or 8mm stock.

Dave

If it's semi-bright/bright CRS stock (as opposed to HRS) you'll probably find it's around as hard as an IM Red. If you're trying to bend 6" lengths . . .I wish you luck :dry

I'm yet to find any local "easy" 5/16" or 8mm stock.

Dave

the first lot of 5/16" stock that i got that i bent with in the first week of bending was way eaiser than the current stock i have....