Woo hoo!

Guest Christian

Guest Christian

Today at 150lbs I officially closed the #1 (closed it during training 2 days ago as well, but this time was with authority!).

I am on a cutting diet right now so my strength has dwindled but my gripper strength keeps improving.  When I start my bulk in August...look out #2 :D

I was just thoroughly proud at this moment! :hehe  :hehe

I don't care if this seems like a minor accomplishment. I've read people on here saying "I wouldn't go bragging about closing the #2 blah blah [para]."  This is something I am very happy with for only training seriously for the #1 for the past few weeks.  I am proud of making the most of my genetic imperfections.

If you read my journal at all, you'll see on June 1 I couldn't close the Trainer for 3 singles. I took some time off and came back with a vengeance!

Thanks to all who've provided excellent advice and support. This was my first milestone and with any luck it will not be the last.

BY THE WAY: Does anyone like "From Autumn to Ashes", "Shai Hulud", or "Coheed and Cambria"?

My band is opening for them tonight! All great metal bands. Peace. ;)

You're 150lbs & you're cutting!?  :crazy Anyway, good job w/th #1. It willl probably take a bit longer to get to the #2, but it seems like you're into it enough to get there.  :)

Yeah, 150 pounds AND you're cutting.... ah, doesn't make sense to me.  Unless, you want to be the first person in the world to close the #3 at a BW of under 100 pounds!   :hehe

Great job with the #1!  Any PR is something to be proud of.  Remember, it is a PERSONAL record.  Most people don't set world records but if they can consistently better their performance, they should be proud.

Christian, great accomplishment on the #1!  In my opinion, gripper weights should be considered relative to bodyweight.  For instance, you closed a gripper that is (theoretically) 93% of your bodyweight.  That is definitely a good accomplishment for anyone.  Hence, to be compared to you I (220 bwt) would need to close a gripper with a poundage of approximately 205 (220 bwt*93%).  Obviously, the lighter man is at an advantage in this contest of percentage of bodyweight.  Another piece of advice I would give you is to gain some bodyweight (muscular).  I've gained 55 pounds of bodyweight (some of it muscle :crazy ) in the past two years, and have seen my gripper performances soar.  Some of this may be to practice with the grippers, but I'm convinced that the extra overall body strength has helped enormously with achieving  my goal of being able to "comfortably" close the #2 at any time, with or without a warmup.  Hope this helps.

Good for you man!!! That's awesome work! I havent fully closed the #1, yet, but with my new knowledge of grip (Over all hand development)  training I will join you with the #2, too.

You must feel great!

Keep training hard.

Congratulations!

I felt the same after having fully closed the #1. It is a very special feeling to close one gripper you haven't been able to close before.

Train for the #2 now!  :D

Guest Christian
You're 150lbs & you're cutting!?  :crazy

Here's a explanation there:

I used to be 188lbs with I'd say 12% bodyfat. I had ab outlines and felt good.  I'm a small framed guy so I looked pretty big at that weight.  I had a TON of stress moved 3 times and couldn't find a job in my field for 6 months or so and had a ton of bills still coming in so I lost my savings.

The stress of the situation combined with me not eating much (no job no cash ;)) caused me to lose about 30lbs. I lose and gain weight very quickly, and my body's preferred fuel must be muscle. I shot down to where I am now, then got a job and started eating a lot again, except it was a lot of Chinese food and Wendy's.  I shot up to 165lbs and all the extra weight was fat.

I decided once I was able to afford weight equipment that I'd much rather get rid of the bodyfat that I've accumulated before I bulk and just become a mess.  I feel much better at a lower fat percentage.

I will start to bulk in 2 weeks, just wanted to get the rest of this chest fat to go away. It's still summer and I want to be able to go swimming without feeling nasty.  

I will be back up to about 190 in no time, I am sure. I definitely don't want to stay this small! Imagine how I view myself in the mirror after all of this! :angry:

------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the kind words.  

Here's one: What's the lightest person to ever close the #3?

Guest baldy

MILO v5 #4 has Mr Nakada's weight at 62 kg / almost 137 lbs. It also says that he could bend nails @ 13 years old (don't know what kind of nails), and that he can hang from a rope with one hand while holding 70.5 kilos in the other.

Wait a minute, this is starting to sound like Pat's Asian counterpart. :)

Nathan, what's with the  ??? on Heslep? Do you think that someone 160 is ipso facto not impressive? What is your cut-off point for a good weight? It better be at least 180 since we have Pat's attention on this thread.

Guest JoeQ1966

Christian congrads on the coc1 it is great when you get over a hurdle..I was alittle down when I got my coc 2 and 3..I thought I would close the coc 2 out of the box,,but it didnt go the way I had planned..When I got it closed I was thrilled.I am about 1/4-5/16 of a inch from closing the 3..It may take awhile to get this one..like you I have set goals for myself and when I achieve these goals it feels great.Keep up the good work and hope to hear of the 2 closing.

good luck.  

Joe

Christian,

Ya doin' good,man! Your physical characteristics remind me of our ol' boardmate Quickgrip,who was a little skinny guy,but quite strong and determined! It also brings to mind the one and only "Mighty Atom", I often wondered if he would be able to close the # 3 or 4 if he was still with us? Keep up the good work and good luck!

JJ  ;)

No no no, that  ???  meant I wasn't sure if he was the lightest guy or not, @ 160, that's all. I didn't mean that he's a bum because he's light(er)

Guest baldy
No no no, that    meant I wasn't sure if he was the lightest guy or not, @ 160, that's all. I didn't mean that he's a bum because he's light(er)

My bad, I mis-read the post.

MJ, re: QG, I think that he has been banned from just about every discussion board around.

Guest sjeff70

Congrats Christian!  I myself closed the beast a few weeks ago.  Took 3 months.  Whew!  

*Don't underestimate technique*

I'm still waiting for the #2...should be here any day now.

Jeff