Wrist Support (for Tyre Flipping)

rock_ten

hey dudes. I know tyre-flipping isn't the forum's speciality, but I expect that wrist health is quite relevant. I want to return to using my tyre soon, but it is quite damaging to my wrists. It is a pain that comes sharply upon unloading of my wrists. Either compressive of extensive force, when released, will result in it. Only tyre flipping starts the problem off, but once it is there it affects my deadlifting and other things (including bending), until it fades after about a month of no tyre use.

It is quite a particule type of pain, so maybe normal wrist supports won't do anything to help it.

http://www.return2fitness.co.uk/Supports_A.../Wrist_Supports seems to be a reasonable summary of the different kinds of wrist supports available. What kind of thing should I try, do you think? There are plenty out there but I don't know how many are intended for use in exercise, mostly just for gentle "back to work after an injury" things.

Can anyone recommend a type of wrist support (or specific brand/product) that might help me? Something to wear while actually flipping the tyre, to ideally avoid the problem in the first place

Thanks dudes

--Joe

Hi,

Be careful with anything that is damaging and painful to the wrists. If there is bad pain, then maybe it's not a good thing to do.

Rather than using supports, strengthening your wrists would be more beneficial.

David

Hi,

Be careful with anything that is damaging and painful to the wrists. If there is bad pain, then maybe it's not a good thing to do.

Rather than using supports, strengthening your wrists would be more beneficial.

David

yea, I don't know how I would go about doing that, though. Doing more training on already-weak joints, doesn't seem like it would do anything but damage them more. I can do contrast-buckets to help recovery, etc. But still it will take many years to have any significant effect on connective tissue etc, surely?

My joints are all very small, so they do get Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ed quite a lot.

Anyway it might not matter now, my tyre had vanished! I will search the area for it, I hope I can get it back.

Thanks for the reply

--Joe