Which Rb Grippers?

tja

I'm thinking of ordering a few RB grippers. I now have the IGDA, and can close it at 210 lbs settings. Goal is to close CoC #3 some day, so which of the RB's is close to my current level and which is at around #3?

I'm thinking of ordering a few RB grippers. I now have the IGDA, and can close it at 210 lbs settings. Goal is to close CoC #3 some day, so which of the RB's is close to my current level and which is at around #3?

I recommend (I advice ) :

RB 240C

RB240C = 240lb = 109kg

and CoC #3 = 280lb = 127kg

PS.

RB 260C = 260lb = 118kg

But I advice RB 240C for you :)

Edited by pawel r

The RB scale does not fit the IM scale properly.

So 210 is around 2.4 - 2.6, 240 like 2.8-3.1, 260 like 2.9-3.2 (estimates).

My RB260 though is a tad weaker than my #3.

I bought the 210 and 260 and i think that was ok.

You may choose a 240 instead of 260 cause I don't know whether my #3 is hard or my 260 is weak.

The N .. arrow or C .. ertification grippers have smaller spread, but not so the #3. So I'd go with the regular ones.

If you have a IGDA, you probably don't need RB grippers... just do negatives on harder settings...

Yeah, it's not that I desperately need them. I just want to get a feel of torsion grippers and wanted to know about what's at my level. Also, they'll look pretty in my grip tool collection...

• 2 weeks later...

Got my RB's today. Really nice grippers I have to say. I was slightly disappointed though, couldn't quite close the 180, got it to about 0.5 cm after a few trials. The harder ones feel like bunch of bricks :)

Good effort though, that's a tough gripper!

Which others did you order?

Good effort though, that's a tough gripper!

Which others did you order?

I got 180, 210, 240, 260 and 300. With a nice wooden case. Cool add to my collection (which was quite minimalistic before this purchase ;) ). 300 didn't budge much...

Very cool! I'd love to have this wood case, too.

Yeah I ordered the 300 (and 330) when I was closing the 210. And those things were beasts, I thought I would never be able to close them.

Very cool! I'd love to have this wood case, too.

Yeah I ordered the 300 (and 330) when I was closing the 210. And those things were beasts, I thought I would never be able to close them.

So I take you did close them? How long did it take to get there from closing 210?

I closed the 300 from choked to parallel, the 330 is not in my range yet. I closed the 210 in December 2005 so roughly 14 month. I've not touched it for a week since I'm trying a routine with #3 and #2 (both filed) singles. I'm pretty excited what I can do to it (and the #3.5) when my 1st unit consisting of 5 weeks x 2 trainings/week is finished.