Noodle Pull-ups

Hazerboy

Lately I've been trying all sorts of different pullups. I've tried towel pull-ups, pull-ups off a banister, pull-ups off a rafter (kind of hurts the fingers) and ones with a towel. Yesterday I was trying to make some sort thick bar add on using one of those foam noodles you swim with at the pool (Still working on that...). Anyways, after messing with the thing for awhile I thought "Why not do pull-ups with one of these?" I looped it around my bar and instantly I was hooked. These are INTENSE. They're really smooth so you can't hardly get any traction, but much thicker then a towel. Also they're a good/better replacement for a thick 2 inch diameter climbing rope (I searched all through home depot and found nothing).

So if I understand correctly, you looped the noodle over the bar like a towel? Interesting. Any chance the noodle will break?

So if I understand correctly, you looped the noodle over the bar like a towel? Interesting. Any chance the noodle will break?

I tried this and the noodle broke very easily...luckily because of my height...my feet were only 2 inches from the floor. I guess maybe not a good idea for someone that weighs 270. It was however a cool idea...and I had to try it :mosher

Hah yeah I weigh 175. Luckily they're really cheap if I remember correctly. We had two or three laying around our house. I'm trying to think of a good way to keep them from ripping... maybe run a rope through the hole in the middle? :-p

Cover them in duct tape?

I tried doing pullups with one of those a couple years ago and it broke...and I was about 185 lbs. at the time. Maybe there are stronger brands but that one didn't even come close to supporting my weight. It would be great if it worked though.

Maybe try cutting the noodle in half, thread a 1 1/2 inch piece of manila rope per the length you need through the 2 pieces of noodle. Throw the setup over where you do the pull ups. Squeezing on the noodles should provide enough friction to keep them from sliding off the rope.

If noodles keep breaking then maybe you could try linguine, tagliatelle or spaghetti. :laugh:laugh

If noodles keep breaking then maybe you could try linguine, tagliatelle or spaghetti. :laugh:laugh

Then you would have to worry about them breaking....you would have to worry about them being eaten....lol