Hub Pinched A 45!

Deadlifter

looks good Alex it will get easer the more you do it cant see in the pic did you claw grip it or vbar style either way its a good lift :rock

Congratulations!!!

nice lift alex. not sure if you know, but if you can do it one in each hand, i can put you on the record list.

-Jedd-

nice lift alex. not sure if you know, but if you can do it one in each hand, i can put you on the record list.

-Jedd-

Within a couple of weeks I'll make that lift.

Nice. I just started hub training. I've almost got the 25 down. : - p

How'd you train for it?

Honestly dude I could have done it much sooner. I did a 35 in June 2006. But then I lost it for a while, and had to rebuild back up. The past 2-3 months I have been really consistent with my pinch training and thats what is key. Along with other strongman training I would train pinch and sledge levering after my workouts. Usually pinching once a week and sledge once a week. Now I'm pinching twice a week , one day static holds and one more max effort.

I think the key to increasing strength with plate pinching is static holds. I would do static holds of 30 seconds+ with like 4 standard 10 pound plates and farmers walk with 25 hubs. I did that for about two months and then I started integrating more hub training, doing static holds with 25's. Today I just felt great and I was shocked that I managed to high pull a 45 with ease.

But I am no expert on grip, I just lift hubs for the hell of it. I think Jedd and some other people might be more knowledgeable on the subject.

Congrats!

Good job! On to the double lift!

Great work :mosher

Great pull deadlifter :mosher , In fact for me that is the highest hub pinch I have ever seen. You have really reached a significant milestone in the grip game.

Oh was that an Ivanko Olympic plate? If not what brand?

Hey, thanks a lot guys. It was a hampton 45. I think these plates are actually fairly difficult because of the paint on the hub which I didn't sand off.

Edited by Deadlifter