Old York Hub Wow.....

apttdwler

I ran across and bought an old york 35 plate. WOW, the hub is nothing like other ones I've seen, nothing like the simulators I've seen either. This is VERY sloped and not as deep as anything else I've seen. I have some other older hubs that I thought were like the old yorks, but they are no where near as difficult. Are all old yorks like this, or did I find an odd ball? This is the first york I've seen...

Are all old yorks like this, or did I find an odd ball? This is the first york I've seen...

From what I understand, the plates were all over the map. There were many versions over the years. I have mentioned on this board several times, a couple of years ago I asked Randy Strossen which version the IM Hub was designed after, and that was when I learned that the IM Hub was simply "inspired" by the days of old with York plates.

I have a York 35 that is 6 years old, and it has a very thin band of a sloped hub.

Hubgeezer

Don Larkin has a ton of plates, and the yorks of his have a deep hub. Dave Thorton pays better attention than I do, but I think they were relatively easy. Don has had his york plates for quite some time.

There are a lot of different styles of Yorks. I have tried a few York's with the sloped hub, very hard.