60 D Poundage

gagleard

No idea but it's good to know now that I'm not imagining things with the 60ds that I purchased. I've done 1 so far in reverse, yet have done several grade 5s.

No idea but it's good to know now that I'm not imagining things with the 60ds that I purchased. I've done 1 so far in reverse, yet have done several grade 5s.

I have found the total opposite, I have melted several types of 60Ds, yes harder than 1/4 crs, but not bya huge amount, like going from a 1/4 inch hex to a G5 imo, yet I have tried 5 types of g5s all aussie made and only bent 2, and those not being on the same day ie, kink..another day to completion, I know steel varies, so maybe thats the thing going on here...?

60ds vary as much as G2 bolts. I think Tim T had like 6 different calibrations between two companies for 60ds. They ranged from just over 200 lbs to like 340 or something. So even if we gave you a number for the brand, it could still be 50 or 100 pounds off of what it really is. Best way is to send a couple to Eric to calibrate. I did that with a couple things and now I can put them in my training specifically where they should go.

Never ran acrossed that brand before. Shoot Eric a couple and see what he has to say about it. Sometimes his calibrations can be a real eye opener. Either way let us know if you do and what the results are.

Crotchulla is right, I've had 210, 240, 265, 280, 295, 305, 315, 320, 325, 330 and a couple of freak nails hit 380 and 480. All these numbers were from 60d nails so you can definately see the variety. The 265 and up all feel tougher than a blue nail to me and the higher end ones get close to and even surpass G5 bolts. 60d nails are a favorite though and are a heck of an attention getter at a hardware store.

Tim