Innovations To Du And Do

punkerella118

I haven't really figured out what style i like better but I seem to be able to get the initial kink DU, but its only to about 30 degrees but I can't seem to finish and i am having trouble kinking the bar with DO, but I can finish it. So I came up with the half and half where I start With DU and then flip it over and finish wih DO and then comes the chest crush. Does anyone see any problems with that and it you were to get certified with that what would you call it?

I haven't really figured out what style i like better but I seem to be able to get the initial kink DU, but its only to about 30 degrees but I can't seem to finish and i am having trouble kinking the bar with DO, but I can finish it. So I came up with the half and half where I start With DU and then flip it over and finish wih DO and then comes the chest crush. Does anyone see any problems with that and it you were to get certified with that what would you call it?

Very good idea Lady Grip. It's the way most people here (myself included) already do the DU bend. We bend the steel to about 40 degrees DU and then turn it over to finish it DO. You ought to buy a protractor or print one off from online. Do your bends to 40 degrees (the GripBoard recognized minimum) and then finish them off if you want to DO.

John Beatty has a DU and Reverse list. So does David Horne. Beatty is the owner and man behind FBBC, which you'll see listed as a sponsor in the upper right hand of this page, and David Horne has a great site too that's listed in his signature line.

Good luck and hope to see you smashing through some bending milestones.

What is your best DU bend right now?

The best i can do at DU right now is 8" and 7" 3/16 square stock hey but i am working on it.

I feel bad 'cause I thought she would blow right through the 7" and on down but the 7" really messes with her (DO) and the 3/16sq is really springy :whacked . I don't really notice it much on 1/4 stuff, but is square usually that darned spingy? I can see Lady Grip bend it over and over but it doesn't show any reasonable kink for awhile.

And she did bend the 8" square DU. For me the length only matter on DO bending, and it actually worked, she nailed it pretty good.